Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know that when bow hunting for deer in the early season in the evening, I need to set up on a path from bedding to food source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that when bow hunting for deer in the early season in the evening, I need to set up on a path from bedding to food source

I know that when bow hunting for deer in the early season in the evening, I need to set up on a path from bedding to food source. I have been setting up 50 yards from a corn field. But where should I set up for morning when the deer are moving back to their beds? I've tried setting up in the same spot as my evening stand but have bumped deer who are feeding in the field. Any suggestions?

The evening choice of your location is usually considered a starting point on the ritual feeding pattern of sundown movement after bedding down for hours beforehand.In the morning I would try and set up with more distance between you and the feeding area-really fifty yards is not much distance when it comes to the whitetail.Take a second look at your hunting area and if you have the option to extend your distance from the cornfield along animal travel corridors that would give you enough of a buffer to effectively prepare for the morning hunt.

Comment

on morning hunts i try to set up on bottlenecks leading from the fields into mast producing oaks or persimmon,sometimes during late morning the bedded deer willl feed about in these areas under cover .

Comment

id try sitting up on thr trail for a couple of days

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bee hive construction
          by FirstBubba
          So far, I've built a "bee vacuum" and a "swarm trap".
          When I deploy the trap this spring, I'll need at least one hive....I hope!...
          Yesterday, 10:45 PM
        • He’s in
          by fitch270
          The Kid got his acceptance letter yesterday from the college he’s mainly interested in. Including a decent scholarship right off the top. Still another...
          Yesterday, 07:07 PM
        • 280AI Draws First Blood
          by Ernie
          BCG 280 Ackley Improved XP-100. This custom XP-100 shoots so good, and everyone who has shot it loves it.
          I finally was able to draw first blood...
          10-23-2021, 04:27 PM
        • Preserving meat, fish and produce.
          by FirstBubba
          This subject was broached as a tangent to another thread on F&S!

Do you process your own game?

What preservation methods...
          10-21-2021, 09:21 PM
        • Odd injury
          by fitch270
          Posted on F&S also.

This little button buck has been coming in the back yard this week for apples that fell. The kids had noticed he’s...
          10-17-2021, 05:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X