Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a person is right handed but left eye dominant and is shooting a bow which eye do you close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a person is right handed but left eye dominant and is shooting a bow which eye do you close?

If a person is right handed but left eye dominant and is shooting a bow which eye do you close?

right also look in bowhunting foaum

Comment

I'm right handed/left eye dominant. I shoot righty and close my left eye. Many experts recommend that it would be better to shoot left handed, but I learned to shoot right handed (both bow & rifle) and it works for me. If you are young, you have a decision to make--you can switch to shooting left handed or you can adapt like I did. IMHO, neither choice is wrong, but I think most experts recommend you shoot lefty.

Comment

I too am right handed and because of eye injuries have become left eyed dominant. I still shoot both gun and bow right handed, but pratice shooting left handed also. I see better with my left eye and my distance shooting with a rifle is better left handed. Pratice shooting both left and right handed will help everyone if for some reason you lose the ability to shoot one way or the other. If you are new to archery and need a bow, I think you'll be better off shooting left handed. If you own a right handed bow/gun you should continue shooting right handed as long as you're able.

Comment

I once knew a shooter that lost his dominant eye,a year later he had switched his form and was once again a contender in tournament competition.I was taught by a army A.M.U {ADVANCED MARKSMENSHIP,UNIT}shooter and coach.{my father} ALWAYS keep both eyes open,even when using a scope.Better depth perception,and target pickup.Would you go to a butt kickin contest and only use one leg ? One of his favourite analogies.

Comment

I am totally righthanded left eye dominate. my goal was achieved when I put my inventing and building qualities to gether realizing that from one eye to the other is apprx.31/4 to 35/8 in, apart. on my compound bow have added an extention so that the pin sights are left of the handle 3 1/4 in. on my draw anchor point is my thumb tip is on eaR LOBE. keeping my anchorpoint consistant. am very accurate and as they say practice,practice,practice. I am confident enough, my first time hunt for pronghorn antelope is coming up next fall. RASTA

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
              by Scott123
              Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
              Yesterday, 11:23 PM
            • Blade Stain
              by jhjimbo
              Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
              Yesterday, 11:40 AM
            • Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X