Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. McKean ~ I totally agree with your resent response to P. Graham of Plattsburgh, NY in the September issue concerning the har

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. McKean ~ I totally agree with your resent response to P. Graham of Plattsburgh, NY in the September issue concerning the har

Mr. McKean ~ I totally agree with your resent response to P. Graham of Plattsburgh, NY in the September issue concerning the harvesting of large and trophy breeding bucks (studs), after breeding. What is your opinion of the effect the harvesting of these same studs before the rut? Some states allow bow hunting 4-6 weeks before the rut and those archers normally do not shot does.

The genetics material passed to the herd from the trophy deer at age 5 or 6 or 7 when his antlers are the most impressive is the same genetic material as when he was a spike or 4 point 2 y.o. or a small 8 point 3 y.o. His genetic material does not improve or change because his antlers enlarge. There is some evidence that the expression of genes may be changed by many factors such as the envirnoment, but the basic genes are the same at the different ages of the animal.

Comment

People tend to forget that half the genes are contributed by the doe. Good answer, john300exc.

Comment

show me a room full of willng women{40 or more} and when i leave another alpha male will show up to take my place. I promise.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget