Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better for mule deer hunting, a .308 Winchester or 7mm Remington Mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better for mule deer hunting, a .308 Winchester or 7mm Remington Mag?

Which is better for mule deer hunting, a .308 Winchester or 7mm Remington Mag?

A 7mm Rem will shoot about the same vel as a 270 and 308 up to 180 grains is like shooting a 30.06 either one will work. I use a 7mm WBY but have a 308 I shoot 165 Accubonds out of that I am going to try this year. But to answer your ? its a coin toss which ever one you like the best.

Comment

I have owned both calibers, and currently use .308
      I prefer the 308 for mule deer because of the longer shots involved. There is a reason that the army snipers primary weapon is a .308.

Comment

.308 has a special place in my heart. It is hard to beat as an all around big game cartridge.

Comment

i would use the 7mm mag if you handload get some hotter 140 grain loads with a premium bullet like the barnes x or nosler accubond, those going around the 3200 would be prefect especially if your hutning a more open area where longer shots might be necessary,

Comment

I would pick a 300 weatherby magnum over both.

Comment

Either one will get the job done just fine. The 7mm shoots flatter and hits harder but the 308 is more accurate at longer ranges.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X