Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've made a mock scrape but i didnt have any scent to put in it. Do any of you know what i can use to attract bucks(plants,food,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've made a mock scrape but i didnt have any scent to put in it. Do any of you know what i can use to attract bucks(plants,food,

I've made a mock scrape but i didnt have any scent to put in it. Do any of you know what i can use to attract bucks(plants,food,ect.)without the need of buying doe/buck pee, or other scents.

You can go to the store and purchase any number of scents for your mock scrapes but I just take a leak in mine. It works just fine.

Doe in estrous works well to.

Comment

I second Ishi's recommendation... just take a leak on the rub on a regular basis.

Comment

just making a mock scrape can invite curious deer. Urinating in a mock scrape in one way to get more visitors. Another better way is to carry zip lock bags while scouting and dig a little fresh moist dirt from established scrapes and put into ziplock with a spoon or small spade to latter put in your scrapes. I've found this works pretty good.

Comment

I combine the answers obove and put in dirt as well as pee in it.

Comment

when using mock scrapes i'll also make mock rubs,sometimes this backfire s as other hunters will set up over them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
              by Ernie
              Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
            • Outdoor Life archives
              by Scott123
              Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
              10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
            • Blade Stain
              by jhjimbo
              Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
              10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
            • Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X