Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It seems Peer Pressure is on the rise for shooting a Huge buck. No longer is 100-120 inch buck acceptable. When hunters you know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good posting Bo. It is very seldom that the 'right' thing and the 'easy' thing are the 'same' thing.

Comment

I am a trophy hunter but I was;t always .This is how I choose to hunt,if someone takes a smaller buck that is thier choice and I'M happy for them if they are happy.I lose respect for a hunter that takes one of these animals and then gripes he thought it was bigger before the shot.As a head hunter my trophy is one that pleases me and whether someone else's standards maybe higher is of no consequence.My one and only mandate to other's is be sure this is what you want before making the decision to harvest.

Comment

Hey man what comes in comes in. Honestly I would be ecstatic if I shot a 120 inch buck just there he is a pope and young buck, so that's a plus right there. And smaller bucks are usually younger so the meat tastes better and If someone ever makes a comment to you about shooting a smaller buck just tell them your meats gunna taste better. And the Professional hunters are on super under pressured property where the deer are fed rack enhancement so nothing Is going to work out for you like It does for a Pro. The deer of your dreams is probably number 3 or 4 on a pro's list of deer they've shot.

Comment

I feel that as long as it is an ethical kill and is done with respect and the intention of eating and utilizing the animal it doesn't matter the size of the rack.
          I too have had rack envy when I see the guys boasting about their 12 pointer etc and all I've shot is a doe or a 6 pointer or not firing a shot, but I am ultimately thankful for the enjoyment of the hunt and the animal taken.
          Rack size is just another form of competition... like which fish is bigger or which beard is longer or this goose or duck is banded etc.

Comment

Well I'm a meat hunter and can harvest all I need within 20 minutes of my house.I fill my freezer and then put deer in several older couples freezers as some of my best friends have gotten too old or sick to go hunt for them selves. I love being in the outdoors and testing my wits against nature, this year I've formed a small club with a few buddies its in a good area for larger bucks, there I will hold out for a bigger buck just cause I want to.
            Luck in the woods!

Comment

I agree with THE CAPTAIN!As for me i wouldnt get much of a kick out of shooting a little buck. But hey! there is the man that likes to hunt to shoot and the man that likes to hunt to hunt.Thats just my opinion.I think its a challenge in shooting that big buck.But not all people are the same. Some just wanna shoot a buck (big or small) but i guess thats there decision. And besides does make some of the best eating!

Comment

And another thing is me and my family eat very little deer meat! So we usually give the deer we harvest away anyways!

Comment

Personally I am just as glad to kill a doe as i am a buck

Comment

Personally I am just as glad to kill a doe as i am a buck

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget