Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

while visiting my (city)cousins one asked me, "what is so addictive to so many hunters about waking up earily, freezing your but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• while visiting my (city)cousins one asked me, "what is so addictive to so many hunters about waking up earily, freezing your but

while visiting my (city)cousins one asked me, "what is so addictive to so many hunters about waking up earily, freezing your butt off, and waiting along in the woods just for an oportunity to shot a deer?"...

i told her the split second she finished her question, "whats not to like?" the peacefulness of witnessing nature waking up again to a new day is worth "waking up earily, freezing my butt off, and waiting in the woods," weather i get the oportunity to tag something or not, ill always enjoy the time in the woods to think, observe, and learn!

Comment

If SHE dont know dont tell-her!

Comment

beats the heck out of driving on a four to six lane highway---parking in a crowded parking lot-wandering around looking in a mall-fighting crowds-traffic gridlock--rush hour traffic-all to return to your 0.25 acre lot and do it all over again tomorrow--what's not to like?

Comment

The serenity of the woods awakening. The song birds that start singing their songs before daylight. The excitement of finding the right area, setting a stand and putting yourself where approaching sharp sensed wild game has no idea you're setting right in their living room. What's not additive about this?

Comment

Ask her what's so great about waking up to car horns, breathing exhaust fumes, and walking on crowded sidewalks while you still get to freeze your ass off & wonder if a mugger is going to shoot you.

Comment

The addiction is not waking up earily, freezing your butt off, or waiting in the woods just for an oportunity to shoot a deer. The addiction is nature. By living in a concrete jungle one will never understand the addiction of nature.

Comment

I live 16 miles outisde of NYC and to me there is nothing as exciting and relaxing as being in the woods watching nature. Having the opportunity to shoot a deer is just icing on the cake. Also, I wake up eary and freeze my butt off to go to work. Which would you rather do?

Comment

O'That's an easy one, it's to get out before the Wife wakes up with all those Saturday morning honey do's!

Comment

We really dont go hunting just to shot something, We go because it connects us to our ancestors, it's a way to appreciate what we are & what we was handed down, We go to learn from nature & its way's, we learn we are a creation of higher power & how to appreciate the beauty in evreything even the things we eat, We go because we like to see the unknown,We go because of the peace it brings inside the heart & We go because it's the purest way to connect us to nature it's called survival- Some humans forgot there roots & where they came from, its up to us to show them the errors

Comment

"shoot" not "shot" in the first line ;-)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget