Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of Murphy's laws states "all that can go wrong, will", when has this law interfered with your plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Murphy's laws states "all that can go wrong, will", when has this law interfered with your plans

One of Murphy's laws states "all that can go wrong, will", when has this law interfered with your plans

O'Hell Evan, Sarges Law has only one simple law, "Murphy was an optimist"!

I always prepared for a good time rain, snow or the heat of the day or night. Every hunting partner who went with me felt secure and knew we were in for a good time!

Comment

haha very true old sags. im not sure what it is but after laying out all my NEEDED gear the night before the hunt some how in the morning it always looks like i have to much stuff and end up putting something back i regretfully need later.

Comment

I plan on these laws;
        1. All contingencies planned for will not happen. All contingencies not planned for will.
        2. The easy way is ALWAYS mined.
        3. If the plan is stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
        There are more but I do not have time to remember them all. Hate getting old, but it is better than the alternative.

Comment

In reading this, I realize that I did not answer the question. A better response would have been, when have these laws NOT interfered with my plans?
          We have all heard the expression "The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray" or as Robert Burns said it "The best-laid schemes of mice and men gang aft a-gley" in To a Mouse.
          That describes LIFE. We have little that we actually control in our lives. We would like to think that we are as William Ernest Henley penned in the poem Invictus. The final lines are;
          "I am the master of my fate:
          I am the captain of my soul."
          We, for the most part are not. We make decisions that sometimes decide our fate, but there is much that we do not control. We cannot control the actions of others, we do not know that we will be here tomorrow.
          That being said, I will still plan, I will still strive to complete the goals that I have set for myself and my family. But, we all are at the mercy of the hand of God. If He should decide that this thread that we call our life is broken tonight, we cannot, but submit.

Comment

I've seen fresh turkey tracks in the snow two feet from my back door and not see or hear a turkey in my blind all day. I've drawn whitetail tags and saw nothing but Mule Deer. Missed an antelope at 100 yards but have dropped several at 500+ yards. My dog retrieved a live bird (pheasant) from a milo field before I even got out of the truck. Murphy was definately a hunter. That's why I do it.

Comment

If I went Fishing or Hunting in my Sunday go to Church Clothes, I can guaranty you I'll bag out!

Comment

Old salts hit on the way to outsmart Murphy. Wear your favorite shirt and you're sure to get blood all over it, but the ratty old one will probably come home clean. Leave the game cart behind and you'll have to drag that big ol deer out of the woods, or you could drag the empty game cart both ways. See how it works--I don't really believe in all this superstitious stuff, but I'm amazed at how often it works. You carry an umbrella long enough & you're liable to cause a draught.

Comment

Jumping a huge buck bedded down along a creek at 4:00am on my way into the treestand--we both scared the life out of one another.

Comment

seadog

I got 4'YA!

Knew a fella who loaded up 6 to 8 box's of 12 gauge to go hunting with us. only 1 out of 3 would go boom, the other two would go FFFFOOOOFFF and if you was quick enoigh you would think you can run out with a bucket and catch the shot. Anyhow, he beat us back to the truck and was shooting and foofing away and now it was one round about 5-6 would go bang. The last round jokingly he aimed at the bottom of an old road sign of a housing complex that never happened many moons ago where no road has ever been and it went BOOM!

Comment

I am superstitious in respect to things going wrong, in work and day to day life. Things seem to go wrong in twos and threes so when there is a mishap I bear down in an effort to dodge the next disaster. When someone calls in with a problem in the field I tell them that the only real problem will be if they make this small problem bigger then it needs to be by making poor choices. The words coming from my mouth are generally more colorful than the ones echoing through my head when I am the one screwing up. However, the message is the same and generally enough get guys to focus.

Comment

Seadog, I often arrive at sites with every tool known to mankind.. except the one I need!!

Comment

Tom with a seven inch beard was scratching at the back of my blind, would not come out because we found out that coyotes were roaming he took off, never got a shot rest of the season.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                            by fitch270
                            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                            Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                          • Reloading Gear Order
                            by fitch270
                            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                            by dewman
                            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                          • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                            by Ernie
                            Any handgun hunters here?
                            Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                            10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                          • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                            by Ernie
                            I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                            hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                            10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X