Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently bought a marlis xs7 rifle .308 caliber. Now im looking to mount it a nice scope, since there are alot out there can a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently bought a marlis xs7 rifle .308 caliber. Now im looking to mount it a nice scope, since there are alot out there can a

I recently bought a marlis xs7 rifle .308 caliber. Now im looking to mount it a nice scope, since there are alot out there can anyone tell me what would be my best inexpensive choice...Take in mind that this is my first rifle im 29 yrs old

To take full advantage of the opportunities provided by a .308 I recommend a Burris Fullfield II - 3.5X-10X-50mm. There're cheaper scopes out there but optics isn't the place to go bargain shopping.

Comment

Correction: 4.5X-14X-50mm

Comment

What are you going to be using the gun for? For general use go with a 3-9X40. Nikon is good. Bushnell if you get one of their upper quality scopes. Simmons again get the best ones. Ask somone at the local gunshop and they should have several to look at, just don't get caught up in them trying to sell you one.

Comment

If you want good optics I am going to say you will not find them cheap. Go with a decent priced one you will be glad you did later.

Comment

To all above I say DITTO!!!!!

Comment

I have Leupolds, Nikons and recent purchased the new Redfield. All cost between $170-$225 and there isn't much that separates them from one another. Good glass-fair price.

Comment

I would get something that wont break the bank especially if you are going to hunt alot. Luepolds are the best there is. They are fair priced depending on the grade you get. I use a Luepold VX1 which is very basic but is plenty good for my .30-30. With a .308 you would probly want to move up to a VX2 or even VX3. You kind of get what you pay for with scopes but not always. stick to name brands and dont let someone sell you on the first scope you ask about.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  Today, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X