Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is an easy way to scout deer and turkeys when you dont have a lot of time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkEyes
    replied
    A trail camera is a good investment. It's not a catch all but it's just another tool in the bag.

Leave a comment:

• sangcoacc
    replied
    I should note that deer are plentiful in my neck of the woods. I've often said that I could jump out of an airplane and hunt from wherever I land. I'm old school when it comes to scouting, however. Never had the need to use a topo map. You don't need a lot of time if you use it effeciently. Find bottle necks and funnels and you will find deer. Take a day off and you could cover quite a bit of ground in a single day.

Leave a comment:

• sangcoacc
    replied
    Pick a good looking spot and set up. Observe your surroundings and activity while you hunt and make decisions to move your set up based on what you know and what you have learned. I shot a decent 8 pointer this fall using this strategy over a period of about 3 days. By the moment of truth, it was almost as if I had drawn it up in a playbook.

Leave a comment:

• Old Salts
    replied
    Must be in "birds eye view option" to turn the map 360

Leave a comment:

• Old Salts
    replied
    Try this link, bottom center of the map is the control for road or aerial view. Control left or Control Right will turn the map around to see different degrees of view. I'll try to find a link to the older version.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/?org=aj#

Leave a comment:

• pineywoods
    replied
    On public land, the game warden may be able to steer you in the general direction, otherwise, Old Salts has a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• pineywoods
    replied
    If it is privately owned land, ask the farmer or landowner.

Leave a comment:

• Old Salts
    replied
    Nolan I tested the link and it didn't work. Try this one

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358

Leave a comment:

• Old Salts
    replied
    Nolan, that's a tough one! What I do is try to remember the rubs and tracks from previous season and the location of the other hunters.

After I figured out the general area, I go this link and you will have to down load and active X so you can use the 3D map. Works fantastic it does. You can pan around and change angles as if you was in a helicopter zipping around! I hope this helps

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358

Leave a comment:

• What is an easy way to scout deer and turkeys when you dont have a lot of time?

What is an easy way to scout deer and turkeys when you dont have a lot of time?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.8 Western
    by jhjimbo
    Really ? I just took a quick glance at the 6.8 and on paper it sure looks like my Remington 7mmMag. Not a whiskers difference. I have heard some complain...
    Yesterday, 07:37 PM
  • Price gouging or free market?
    by Red Angus
    Rather than hijack Fitch's thread to discuss the topic I started a new one.

Bubba started his opinion that people are price gouging on primers....
    Yesterday, 07:08 PM
  • H&K P2000
    by FirstBubba
    Anybody have an H&K P2000?

I've got a bunch of LEO retired .40S&W, 12 round mags. About 30 to be exact.
    Price negotiable. Contact...
    02-23-2021, 10:28 PM
  • Skull Mount
    by FirstBubba
    This is actually the last deer I killed.
    I was in a blind down on Red River.
    I could see the river out the left side of the blind.
    Not...
    02-22-2021, 09:37 PM
  • The End is Near
    by fitch270

Of winter, hopefully.

The Kid and I helped a friend run about 500ft of sap line through the woods this afternoon. This is the...
    02-21-2021, 05:49 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X