Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we put in a quarter acre food plot yesterday, after it takes off we want to spray a weedkiller on it, it consist of clover, chic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we put in a quarter acre food plot yesterday, after it takes off we want to spray a weedkiller on it, it consist of clover, chic

we put in a quarter acre food plot yesterday, after it takes off we want to spray a weedkiller on it, it consist of clover, chicory, and turnips, what would be the best weedkiller and would it kill the clover,chicory, or turnips?

Check with your local farm store or garden center-unfortunately when you turn over ground it also gives weed seeds an opportunity as well-just tell them what you planted and I am sure they will be able to help you---it will make all the difference in your food plot so your planting will yield high.

Comment

You will likely be able to find a grass herbicide that will work like Poast or Select. However finding something that will kill all the weeds isn't going to happen.

Comment

I till my plots,drag with a harrow then let the weeds grow a few inches then spray a weedkiller. Maybe doing this another time if the weeds are very thick. Then I'll disk in lime and fertilizer, drag, then seed. I would be wary of putting any weedlkiller on an established food plot. Regular mowing will keep most weeds down as their height is reached faster than most food plot plants.

Comment

That is gonna be kind of tricky. Round Up will kill every thing, and most weed killers are designed to kill Broadleafs such as your clover,I figure that it would take out the turnips also. Don't know about the chicory.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget