Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to draw a mature whitetail out of the standing corn with only 2 days left to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to draw a mature whitetail out of the standing corn with only 2 days left to hunt?

Is there any way to draw a mature whitetail out of the standing corn with only 2 days left to hunt?

I have tried doe in estrous but I guess those mature buck are to smart because all i get are 1 & 2 year olds.

Comment

If by chance the field is harvested in the next two days by a combine-this will change the variable quickly--last year a friend of mine was hunting a field that was being harvested; on one of the last passes of the combine, a huge buck simply walked out of the crop.Deer love corn --obviously as a food source-but it's ability to act as an alarm.If you have tried walking through a corn field quietly,it is nearly impossible.Even staging a drive through a corn field is hard ;many times the deer will just circle on the drivers and not break the cover.Check with the farmer and see if he is planning to harvest the corn in the next day or so.

Comment

there is no proven way to lure him out 100per cent of the time / otherwise we all would be harvesting these whoppers routinely. with only 2 days left drives about the best method /trying diofferent scents and different stands also afford advantages / welcome to trophy hunting it's not always like the pro's on t,v

Comment

Hey Jordan13
          I got a idea try puting out a decoy with some buck urine then try the snort wheeze part of the mad Grunt snort weeze.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget