Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you get points for answering questions on this sight? i have answered several and not received one point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you get points for answering questions on this sight? i have answered several and not received one point.

do you get points for answering questions on this sight? i have answered several and not received one point.

When you post a comment,other OL online users can either agree or disagree with what you have said.Most will vote up if the agreee with your statement.Dont get discouraged the sites a little slow right now,it is hunting season most users are afield.

Comment

well james bigjake said it just have to give the moderators and story writers and users time to answer.

Comment

This came up a while back and one of the OL editors said they were having a technical problem. This has nothing to do with hunting season and having time to answer. It's a computer problem. This website would have a lot more activity if they gave this situation some priority.

Comment

I had the same question on November 13 and received a response from Gerry Bethge saying he would check. Bigjake, I have posted 57 answers many of which received positive comments and I have never seen any point on the answer section of my Profile. So, Timberdoodle was assessed a negative point for in all likelihood being correct. Which raised another issue, I thought this NO on the comment section had to do with making a rude or inappropriate comment. A well present argument that sponsors a discussion will have points upon which others will disagree. It wouldn't be much of a forum if contributors never disageed... boring!! Furthermore, assessing a negative comment without stating your case and remaining anonymous is pretty lame. Have the common courtesy of telling why otherwise you appear a little nasty and fearful.
          timberdoodle, I gave you a Yes comment to cancel the No ... that is the answer to other responsible users. Knock off the inappropriate "no" comment with one click of the mouse.

Comment

Kody Im hoping that rant about giving out negative points was directed at the general community and not at myself,I am very generous with the +'s, and rarely give anyone(Timberdoodle included) negatives.

Comment

This is a technical problem and it's being addressed. In the future, please use our Contact page to contact the OL online editor. "Answers" is for questions related to the outdoors only. http://www.outdoorlife.com/contact

Comment

Never thought that for a moment, bigJake. Looking back on my entries will confirm I have no problem going head to head, I try my best to be forthright personally and in business. As I said there is plenty of room for disagreement in any discussion. I continue to look forward to the comments and objections of the regular contributors. I was hopeful that my remarks might be helpful to some of the newer participates and serve up a warning to those who abuse the forum. Funny how life works! You are right, bigjake, 'Rant' best describes my comments as they will be ignored by those most in need of hearing them.

Comment

your contact page doesn't work either.

Comment

I wasn't going to bring that up Jamesti as Outdoor Life Editor seemed disinclined to have any 'dirty laundry' hung from the questions section of this forum. Like yourself, I tried to poise the question on the contact page without success. This kind of criticism is called constructive criticism as it is not based on opinion, it is based on fact. The fact is two components of this form don't work. I won't lose any sleep over the problem but it makes a great magazine look bad and it needs to be addressed.

Comment

BigJake. If I have unintentionally offended you, I apologize. Are we square?

Comment

no harm no foul

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                          by jhjimbo
                          If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                          10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                        • Pay it forward
                          by fitch270
                          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                          10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                        • Reloading Gear Order
                          by fitch270
                          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                          by dewman
                          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                          by Ernie
                          Any handgun hunters here?
                          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X