Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Thursday I had what looked like an impressive racked deer headed my way. It was definitely an 8 pt and would of been droppe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Thursday I had what looked like an impressive racked deer headed my way. It was definitely an 8 pt and would of been droppe

Last Thursday I had what looked like an impressive racked deer headed my way. It was definitely an 8 pt and would of been dropped had it had all of it's tines. Now I have heard of deer losing a tine or two in battles but this deer, I kid you not, had 5 tines broken off. I was tempted to shoot because it had a great width and mass to the beams and would of made for a goofy mount but decided to let him walk because I knew there were other big boys in the area. So I guess my question is... has anyone encountered such a mangled up rack before or perhaps this guy had a disorder/malnutrition that prevented him from growing a strong set of antlers? Any thoughts? I sure hope I get a showdown with the bruiser that did this to him!

meant to say Tuesday, not like it matters though

Comment

like you said, wait for the other guy. he may be in bad shape thought too. that would have been an interesting rack for the wall. but look at it like this, the meat would have still tasted great.

Comment

never heard of so many tines being busted, I also wonder if possibly the buck had a mineral lacking in its diet, making its antlers weaker and more prone to break.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• bedding on new rifle
          by Amflyer
          Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
          Today, 12:22 AM
        • Pictures blocked when logged out?
          by fitch270
          Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
          Yesterday, 08:57 PM
        • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
          by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
          09-23-2020, 07:43 PM
        • Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
          by dewman
          Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
          09-22-2020, 08:40 AM
        • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
          by dewman
          Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
          09-22-2020, 07:59 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X