Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the effect of hunting on the enviornment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the effect of hunting on the enviornment?

what is the effect of hunting on the enviornment?

Keeps heards/populations healthy, population count where we can maintain it. A bunch of different things that are important. I am not a wildlife biologist so I'm not going to go into that kind of detail.

Comment

If anything, it has to be favorable.

If cow flatulance (farts) are polluting the atmosphere, deer flatulance must also be suspect. Ditto with the entire animal kingdom.

Comment

hunters put a lot of money into the agencies that study and protect the environment.

Comment

Read these links about the Kaibab and it will change the way you think and give you factual knowledge in conservation.

http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/kaibab.html

http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story1.html

http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story2.html

http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story3.html

Comment

Uncontrolled hunting can cause the elimination of species, as with the wolves and the plains bison, but controlled hunting keeps populations inside an area's capacity. If there was no hunting, the population would eat out all the food sources and eventually starve. Where I deer hunt in Sauk Co. Wisconsin, Earn-a-Buck has been going on for 25 years as well as multiple other special seasons to try and control the deer population, but the numbers just stay pretty even. The DNR even dropped a pack of 22 wolves off in Sauk Co. to help kill off the deer. The deer population stays high though because they have endless food due to the fact that most of the county is farm fields.

Comment

just like some of the other guys said. you let the wildlife run high numbers they will eat all the feed for other species. and then the one with more dominace will die off cause they ate the food down to nothing. and diseases would be outraguos. then next would be possibly us

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lifetime hunting fishing license
                by dewman
                Just sent my application in (formality) to get my lifetime fishing/small game license(includes yearly state migratory bird license). At 60 yrs old, I'll...
                08-01-2021, 08:17 PM
              • Progress
                by fitch270
                Finally had a weekend with nothing going on so the plan was to get the old log roads cleared. It’s been probably 10 years since I last cut the saplings...
                07-31-2021, 05:21 PM
              • Burds
                by Amflyer
                Still day, overcast, family gone for a visit for the week. So , hopped in the kayak and did some slow paddlin' to get close to birds....wish I bought...
                07-28-2021, 09:26 PM
              • Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo
                by fitch270
                This came in the mail a few days ago, at first I wasn’t surprised by it as we haven’t purchased much of anything since the merger. We also canceled...
                07-26-2021, 08:03 PM
              • Top three. (3)
                by FirstBubba
                We all have our favorites.

First favorite!
                What is your favorite species of fish to eat?
                1. my favorite is Pacific cod. clean,...
                07-25-2021, 09:36 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X