X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    It will be parked around back, not sitting around back. Intend to drive it off and on. Use it to haul crap. I got a bathroom to remodel this summer so will use it like a pickup. One good think about ragged interior....dont care. I hauled a bunch of fencing from lowes w it

Hopefully they get that crap in stock at sensible.price so i can finish the fence.
    Before turkey season
    I've used the 2002 Xterra to haul lumber. Had some 12-ft 2x4's in it a few times with a hitch crossbar for extended loads. Just tied the rear gate down and padded

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    A little word of mouth might do the trick, especially if it’s on the road and not parked. Somebody you know will know a guy who knows a guy who needs a set of wheels right now. Meantime work it.

I’ve sold on Craigslist a couple times, ended up doing well but damn…..

As an aside, both our rigs have a recall and are due for service. Dropped one off today and will switch out tomorrow afternoon. The dealer isn’t mega store sized but typically had 100 or so vehicles on the lot. We saw just one new SUV and maybe fifteen to twenty used rides total. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Sell it or use it. Doesnt matter to me. Done w democrats bothering me about it.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    It will be parked around back, not sitting around back. Intend to drive it off and on. Use it to haul crap. I got a bathroom to remodel this summer so will use it like a pickup. One good think about ragged interior....dont care. I hauled a bunch of fencing from lowes w it

Hopefully they get that crap in stock at sensible.price so i can finish the fence.
    Before turkey season

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    I'd rebuild to a double gate if necessary - did that years ago when I lived with the ex. Parked our boat within the fence.

Anything you don't drive on a regular basis will deteriorate and you'll have to mow around it. My advice is to take the next offer over $500 and move on. You'll be saving yourself some trouble.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Then ya got people hot for it, that set a time, and never show.
    People have no class.
    Had one offer full price if I moved them ahead of a couple dudes that scheduled times to check it out.
    No, I have to honor the schedule.
    Then when those 2 idiots didnt show, the person that offered full started with the "grandbaby" hauler crap.

24 yr old vehicle w 220K.
    I'll use it like a pickup, keep from trashing my toasters interior.
    60 bucks a month to insure.

Worth keeping.

My problem is the old lady and kids vehicles out front. No room.
    Dunno if I can get it through side gate into the back yard.
    Try that later this week.

Could remove tomato bed at side of house and park there.

Dealer offered 500. I figured 1K (before I checked market).
    Been an absolute chitshow for a possible 500 bucks.
    Not worth it.

I figured the extra 500 could be used on a new 20 ga.
    What I get for "planning".

LOL

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I got the factory rubber mats. Tote slid anyway and scratched back hatch plastic. Buffed it out, was minor but that had my OCD raging at 11pm last night LOL.

Put my bomber up for sale and nothing but thugs and hillbillies responded. Buddy put my ad on FB.
    That I'll never do again.

Rude and or clueless. I'll just repair it and keep. To hell with em.
    Neighbor said his bud installed spacer kit on his for 250.
    I got spacers.

Fix one tire that leaks, change steering gear box and lift. Cheap wheeler.

24 yr old vehicle, ad says ragged out and 220K for 1500 obo.
    Been a nightmare.

Man people are stupid. Of course the interior is nasty............thats what ragged out means. No AC and folks wanting it to haulr their inbred POS "grandbabies" in it. Uh, no.........this is a work/fishin/huntin rig. Been daily driver for 6 yrs, has stuff wrong, bunch of stuff fixed.

Its a v8 functional 4wd..........for under 1500.

What the hell. If I wanted a ZJ and didn't have one I'd buy it.
    Few said they wanted a clean interior..........on a 24 yr old vehicle. OK, thats 3500 with mech stuff needing attention. If no mech issues and lower miles the damn things go for over 5K.

Duh. I know because I spent a lot of time trying to locate a "barn find" 98 w 5.2L.

I shoulda made the ad "no democrats".

Yeeesh

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    I've got cheap rubber mats in the passenger area and cut cardboard pieces from large boxes in the cargo area. The carpet is worn through near the gas pedal and is repaired with gray duct tape. But mechanically it runs well and the exterior just has normal wear. That Xterra is part of my educated redneck persona and the two women like 'Lexx'.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    We bought Weather Tech floor mats for both our Hondas, not cheap but less than the factory upgrade. We put seat covers in the car to protect the cloth from my work clothes. The truck has leather seats that clean up easier and we don’t run it to work very often.

The Renegade needs a hitch hailer and maybe a roof rack.😎

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Good choice. That Renegade is similar in size to my old Xterra but almost 1000 lbs lighter. The Xterra has about twice the cargo space and more ground clearance but burns more fuel.

I've enjoyed driving a smaller SUV for many reasons but a big one is being more able to turn around on single lane logging roads. Most of the time the rear seat cushions are left at home and the rear seats are folded down. That gives enough length to load my two-wheel deer cart fully deployed. Fishing rods fit and I've hauled 8-fi boards with the rear gate closed but had to place them across the center console.

Oakmulgee 9pt r.jpg

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Mine has the cheaper silver alloys. May plasti dip them next month. Tires are cheap all season.
    Figure when they wear out go with Procomp 69 in black and BFG AT.

May leave it as is.
    The grey/green not avail here (I went to order a 2022 but couldnt get that color, so went with stinger grey.....and my sales guy says he has a 2021 fully loaded on lot that color, w rebate ). SOLD!

As a hardcore old school wheeler, I turned my nose up at this Spaghetti O.
    But it was the cheapest 4x4 new I could get.

Hate to admit it, I like the stupid thing. Now to see if it holds up.

But yeah, the 2022 in the vid........I wanted that but it was no discount and wait.
    That grey/green color is sharp though.

Ordered rubber mats, cheaper factory stuff (on sale) than the super cool ones made by Quadratec.
    Its muddy where we turkey hunt.

Hopefully toss a big tom in the back in a couple months. Will be a lot cheaper to get to turkey spot too (my old ZJ was 17 mpg on highway and two spots I hunt, one 45 mins away, the other 3 hrs ).

Have not measured for recurve or fishing pole fitment inside yet.
    Last edited by CD2; 03-02-2022, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I needed a ride after work to pick up my old vehicle from dealership. My youngest (23 ) drove her moms liberty. Shes a good driver.

Unlike her mom, or middle sister.

😂

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    The GMC has a bench seat but he’ll have a dorm room before long so….

I’m thinking we’ll find something, and won’t rule out a small 4cyl pickup. A guy at work says he gets about 28mpg with his Tacoma. The Kid has some money saved up but he knows his mother and I will have a say in what he ends up with regardless.

Scary part is my daughter gets her learners permit before the school year is out.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    PigHuntress and I every once in a while still have fun in the car 😜

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    My ol lady totalled her toyota yrs ago.
    She was upset we didnt cut out the headliner that had her footprint LOL

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget