Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Nice buck! I’ve been seeing bucks around our place now that season is closed! Lol

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Just finished cleaning up the mess, all that’s left now is to attach a hanger so he can go on the wall of fame in the man cave.

Not all the deer heads have names but he’s getting tagged as ””Friday”, short for the TGIF Buck. Turns out he’s the second largest buck I’ve killed rack wise but not in body size. Might have been the third, I killed an 8pt about 10 years ago that had broken off his left antler about 2” from the base so can’t really judge that one.

Ended up with a bit over 42lbs of meat in the freezer. Pretty decent deer for this area.

E5823E0C-6EEE-4AAF-B3A0-332815D4819F.jpg
    From an experience standpoint!
    Let it hang in a shop/garage for a month or so to "cure" well! LOL!
    Finally got my first Euro cleaned up and ready to hang so I brought it in the house and laid it by my "chair".
    Watching the news the next afternoon, a distinctly unpleasant odor wafted up from....somewhere? 🤔
    A few minutes later, I caught another whiff of ....uhhmm... unpleasantness!
    What the.....?
    I picked up the skull and gave it a sniff!
    AHH! Back to the shed to dry out! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Great name for that one!

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied
    Looks great to me.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I didnt see diddly.
    Fog pretty bad this morning. Buds scary stand had frosted platform. Even w wire mesh I didnt trust it and indeed slid a little ( death grip on treesteps ).

Stayed up til 11. Getting down w shoulder and knee issue had me hugging tree big time.

Quiet getting in, not so quiet in departure.

I need to.run back out and hang a stand for this evenings hunt.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Looks great! Congrats

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    started a topic Friday

Friday

Just finished cleaning up the mess, all that’s left now is to attach a hanger so he can go on the wall of fame in the man cave.

Not all the deer heads have names but he’s getting tagged as ””Friday”, short for the TGIF Buck. Turns out he’s the second largest buck I’ve killed rack wise but not in body size. Might have been the third, I killed an 8pt about 10 years ago that had broken off his left antler about 2” from the base so can’t really judge that one.

Ended up with a bit over 42lbs of meat in the freezer. Pretty decent deer for this area.

E5823E0C-6EEE-4AAF-B3A0-332815D4819F.jpg

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget