Life is good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is good!

.......... in fact, it's downright delicious! ๐ŸฆŒ=๐Ÿ”+๐ŸŒฎ+๐Ÿบor๐Ÿท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ IMG_2614.jpg

I spy some summer sausage back there. Looks like a good haul.

We need to get busy in this house and stop passing up shots. Thereโ€™s pressure canned stewed garden tomatoes here waiting to go with some peppers, mushrooms and steaks. ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

I got a few tomatoes put up, but I just did the hot water bath.
      They sure topped off that 15 Bean Soup with sausage (kielbasa) the wife cooked up yesterday!
      A big old double battered, fried loin butterfly sure would have made it better! LOL! ๐Ÿ˜›

Comment

Im officially a coyote, or a beggar, or just a crappy hunter.
        Got a chunk o' veni strap from my hunting bud LOL
        Might be all I get this year.

Normally...........Id take inner and cut, fry up w butter garlic and mushrooms, accompanied by wild rice and a woody ale.

Proly my celebratory meal this season.........pizza rolls

Comment

CD2 wrote:
          "... Normally...........Id take inner and cut, fry up w butter garlic and mushrooms, accompanied by wild rice and a woody ale. ..."

My celebratory meal is the inner loin, sliced, battered and browned. Make gravy and return meat to skillet with some garlic and a fist full of onion*. Cover and simmer until meat is done and onions are tender. Serve over "cat head" biscuits and skillet fries.
          Now, if you're a beer/ale, milk, tea, coffee, cola or water fan, the drink won't matter. Make yourself happy!

'Shrooms fit right into the program! Maybe a jalapeno if you feel feisty! LOL!

Comment

It occurs to me this morning that if meat prices continue to rise, deer hunting may actually be economically feasible. "Hey honey, I need more tags!" "I'm only continuing to hunt because I love this family so dang much!" ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              It occurs to me this morning that if meat prices continue to rise, deer hunting may actually be economically feasible. "Hey honey, I need more tags!" "I'm only continuing to hunt because I love this family so dang much!" ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜
              Other than the exorbitant food prices, I like the way you think! LOL!
              I always used the old, "....but it's lower in fat and naturally raised! It's not full of chemicals*!"

* - hormones and wormers
              Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-24-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Gas tags and depreciation on gear....I had deer down to 4 a lb.

Had my spot figured out and avg a deer every 4 days ( hunt half days ).

Processing is up, gas is up.....i dont even want to think how much a pound these days.

Im pushing 175 in gas and tags and havent gotten one yet. Processing would add 125.

300 bucks for 50 lbs of meat.......not too bad.

Well add another 30 for gas if I pop one tomorrow and take to /from the processors.

Comment

My new spot is closer, but gas prices up.
                  Gear this yr.....rifle/ scope same as last, same camo and boots last couple yrs.
                  Did buy a new bow, lose arse on reselling archery....last bow Im buying so not a factor.

Taxidermy might be a chunk, if I get lucky.
                  Doubt it

Comment

Just to keep it in perspective, decent hotdogs run $7-$8/ per pound anymore. Wasnโ€™t long ago you could pick up a decent London Broil for $2/lb on sale, I stopped looking last year when burger was $6/lb. We donโ€™t buy much beef but I used to try to keep tabs just because.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      Just to keep it in perspective, decent hotdogs run $7-$8/ per pound anymore. Wasnโ€™t long ago you could pick up a decent London Broil for $2/lb on sale, I stopped looking last year when burger was $6/lb. We donโ€™t buy much beef but I used to try to keep tabs just because.
                      Before this is over ๐Ÿคฏ, I think things are going to get a whole lot worse!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget