Ugggghhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugggghhh

Didn’t have a chance to get pics because there wasn’t any shoulder to pull over onto, but saw a beaut of an 8pt laying dead just off the road today. Seems like the bigger ones get that way by staying off the pavement so it’s rare to come across one like that. Somewhere someone with a game cam is going to be bummed out. I’m surprised no one took a saw to it.

The best part of not owning the deer we hunt (though many land owners seem to forget that) is no deer is "my" deer so I don't get worked up by roadkills or when someone else kills a monster I harbor no jealousy. Deer are like Lays potato chips, God is always making more.

Comment

Very true Dewman, we are always optimistic when good ones show up on our place but we don’t fall into the “my deer” trap either. That mindset causes trouble.

Comment

When in south Texas, high fences or not, it is not unusual to see some awesome bucks in the ditches.
        Sometimes dead. Quite often not.
        If you see a dead deer beside the road with no head, chances are, it was a nice buck!
        Texas Parks & Wildlife grabs them when they can. Most often, they end up on some citizens wall or "bone" collection.

Comment

....but you're right! It's a heartbreaker to see a "hoss" as road kill.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget