Late start, slow going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"... Have a little adventure planned for this weekend ..."

What can be more exciting than picking rocks out of a field in New York? LOL!

Comment

Outside over the weekend, we installed another 44 fence boards and took some cuttings from a Sweet Shrub for rooting. Once started, I'm trading them with a friend for some Hydrangea cuttings she's rooting. Inside, I'm still in the process of cleaning up from my work bench move. Got some hand loading and gunsmith projects to finish. We went dancing Saturday night and singing Sunday night.

This coming weekend, I'll probably do another half-day working at the lease. And more yard work, going to transplant some bamboo to extend our privacy barrier with the new house nextdoor. Karaoke on Sunday and Monday nights.

Before the end of the month, I'm going to buy items needed to convert my old mountain bike to electric. The plan is to use it afor getting to stands this Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Outside over the weekend, we installed another 44 fence boards and took some cuttings from a Sweet Shrub for rooting. Once started, I'm trading them with a friend for some Hydrangea cuttings she's rooting. Inside, I'm still in the process of cleaning up from my work bench move. Got some hand loading and gunsmith projects to finish. We went dancing Saturday night and singing Sunday night.

This coming weekend, I'll probably do another half-day working at the lease. And more yard work, going to transplant some bamboo to extend our privacy barrier with the new house nextdoor. Karaoke on Sunday and Monday nights.

Before the end of the month, I'm going to buy items needed to convert my old mountain bike to electric. The plan is to use it afor getting to stands this Fall.

I keep thinking an electric bike would be slick to have but I really don’t have a use for one. A cousin and her husband have a pair and use them often, might be something my wife and I might try when the kids are out of the house.

The Kid went up to check trail cams again, he had moved one back to the year round scrape and had some hits. He said the clover is doing well and a 1/4 acre patch that I did end up tilling should be good to plant after another go round. That piece was grassed up thick and tall, it almost looked mowed after I first went over it but the roots did get chopped up enough to be effective. I’ll let the grass mulch down and hit it again.

Going camping this weekend and doing some whitewater rafting as well. Something my daughter planned for a Girl Scout merit badge. My sister, her husband and their two kids are joining us. Eight people are allowed per raft, should be about a six hour deal with about four of them actually on the water. Got a twelve pack and a third of a bottle of Wild Turkey to ease the pain after.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Got a twelve pack and a third of a bottle of Wild Turkey to ease the pain after.
          Oy, that's when the pain BEGINS.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Oy, that's when the pain BEGINS.
            I’ll start late and go slow, lol!

Comment

It's been 12 years since we last went whitewater rafting. It was the first time on that river for PigHuntress and she hollered at the top of her lungs through the first rough drop. When we got to calm water she apologized to all in the raft saying, "Sorry about that. I'm a screamer!"

Comment

Don’t know if I’d a told that…. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                  Indeed! That's what the other 5 of us thought. There was silence in the raft and no one said a word

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                    Somebody had to say what we were all thinking!

Comment

Rafting was a blast, feel great and one beer in. Question is have a second or switch over to the Wild Turkey. It’s early yet so I’d better pace myself 😜

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Somebody had to say what we were all thinking!
                        You know me; open mouth, insert foot!

Comment

Couple pics from last Friday. Fun time!

FD037DCC-D946-4C84-840E-49F472F2AD4E.jpeg 5C4A0153-3955-438E-8EC7-AA975DC286D3.jpeg

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                            by CD2
                            Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                            08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                          • TriggerTech installed
                            by fitch270
                            First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                            08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                          • Aquila ammo test
                            by dewman
                            Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                            Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                            08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                          • Show and Tell
                            by Amflyer
                            Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                            08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                          • College Orientation News
                            by fitch270
                            Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                            07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X