No announcement yet.

Last deer hunt over. Cabin broke into.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last deer hunt over. Cabin broke into.

So like it says my brothers wife's family Cabin was broken into by breaking into a window and climbing in. They stole the old ratty throw on the back of the couch, a small 2'x2'x3' homemade toy box and a $10 Walmart gun rest. They left 4 new sleeping bags, prescription drugs, boots, and the small microwave. Idiots. The two work buddies my brother brought both missed deer, including one at 25' in the front yard of the cabin. I the guy I was given to a friends harvested bean field (acorns were a no show there this year) where he said he was seeing around 20 deer every evening. So we are hunkered down behind a blowdown on the fields edge (perfect wind)about an hour before sundown and the first 2 pop out at around 250-300 yds. My guy rests his gun across a branch and settles down behind the scope. Wait. I said, "What are you doing? More will come and they will get closer." He says,"I've got 150 gr of 777 and blah blah blah bullet. This gun can do this easy". So I say,"Have you ever shot that far?" His reply, "Not with this." So I said,"Maybe we should wait?" Boom! Bullet looked like it hit 50 feet short. Nothing else comes out. Back at cabin that night the guy tells my brother the farmer was full of crap about all the deer and we only saw 2 at 500 yds and at last light he took a Hail Mary. Still 2 days left but I'm back home done. Stay safe.
    Last edited by dewman; 01-04-2021, 08:24 AM.

PH: I was actually the "invited" man. My tags are all filled. Brother hadn't filled his tag and had 2 work buddies who were nada as well so he invited them to stay at the inlaws family cabin with him and give it a go. 3 people in open crunchy woods don't cut it so I was asked to come stay and help one of his pals as neither work pal had ever been in the area. They both could have filled tags first morning but both missed. Counting the bean field when I left they had both missed twice. Brother blew a chance midday because he forgot to load his muzzlelader(it's happened before). Woods are wide open, leaves are crunchy,and deer have been harassed for months so your brain is as vital as your feet right now, nothing you aren't well aware of. It takes a little more ability this time of year. Too many guys treat muzzleloaders as an afterthought instead of needing more practice, attention to detail. They both missed twice. Says it all. You could argue that the fella with me was stupid for taking the shot. Given his ability I agree, but he still did it.

Comment

Could be kids that broke in the cabin instead of using the back seat of the car. Took some mementos for giggles. No other damage besides the window?

Tough deal with the other guys but at least they missed clean and didn’t end up with a rodeo for you to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Could be kids that broke in the cabin instead of using the back seat of the car. Took some mementos for giggles. No other damage besides the window?

Tough deal with the other guys but at least they missed clean and didn’t end up with a rodeo for you to deal with.
        Brother and his 2 bil's did a thorough inspection. No other damage.
        He was telling me today at work the 2 guys told everyone it was a great time. Hoping to repeat, with me along, next year. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Comment

.....with me along, next year.....!

Well dewman, ‘next year’ will give you plenty of time to come up with an excuse to find something more enjoyable to do, like maybe make a dental appointment or a hernia operation........!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Squirrels open early this year.
            by dewman
            In years past, squirrel & stream bass has always been the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. This year it's the 22nd. A pal and I are hitting up the...
            05-13-2021, 02:08 PM
          • Thinking of trading for a .243 WSSM...
            by PigHunter
            One of my friends is wanting to trade a Winchester Model 70 stainless in .243 WSSM for my Remington 7400 carbine in .30-06. The Model 70 would be without...
            05-10-2021, 12:40 AM
          • Neighbor painted me a picture!
            by dewman
            My neighbor is a regionally known artist. So over time after regaling him with childhood hunting stories of my younger years in Michigan, South Dakota,...
            05-03-2021, 03:35 PM
          • What would you do?
            by fitch270
            About 15 minutes after daybreak my daughter nudges me in the side. I’ve been letting out some soft yelps and clucks but the turkeys are quiet early...
            05-01-2021, 09:34 PM
          • Holy flock 2
            by fitch270
            First a question, then why it matters.

A group of bears is called what?

Times up: The answer is

05-01-2021, 08:49 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...