Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kansas deer down.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Kansas deer down.

    This evening Mom took Twitchy and Squeaks back to the same place where they bagged two deer on Sunday and Twitchy made a nice shot on a doe. The deer came in from the West through the cows, which were scattered out grazing, and finally cleared the cows in Twitchy's field of fire when she was 40 yards out.

    The bullet passed through the upper shoulders, nicking the spine.

    The doe weighed 154 pounds.
    Last edited by Red Angus; 09-10-2020, 10:40 PM.

  • #2
    Nice! That .300 BLK just keeps performing! Congrats to Twitchy!

    Comment


    • #3
      A little gruesome pic for some but it does illustrate quite nicely how much energy even the lower powered rounds deliver. Congrats to your sisters, very glad to see when someone is passing on the tradition to the next generation.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Nice! That .300 BLK just keeps performing! Congrats to Twitchy!
        Thanks PH.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dewman View Post
          A little gruesome pic for some but it does illustrate quite nicely how much energy even the lower powered rounds deliver. Congrats to your sisters, very glad to see when someone is passing on the tradition to the next generation.
          It is and it does.

          Thank you.

          Comment


          • #6
            154 pounds?! What a haul!
            That'llThat'lsome slack out of the food bill! πŸ˜ƒ!
            As many kids as you talk about having around, I'm sure every bite is appreciated AND enjoyed!

            I killed 6 deer one year. Had a freezer FULL of venison. Our 16 yo nephew moved in the house in January. By the end of May, ALL the venison was gone!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              154 pounds?! What a haul!
              That'llThat'lsome slack out of the food bill! πŸ˜ƒ!
              As many kids as you talk about having around, I'm sure every bite is appreciated AND enjoyed!

              I killed 6 deer one year. Had a freezer FULL of venison. Our 16 yo nephew moved in the house in January. By the end of May, ALL the venison was gone!
              It'll help, that's for sure.

              🀣 Teenagers can flat out put away groceries.

              Comment


              • #8
                I hunt in NW Kansas every year for pheasant. They have some amazing muleys and big whitetails down there. Wheat country.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                  I hunt in NW Kansas every year for pheasant. They have some amazing muleys and big whitetails down there. Wheat country.
                  Cool. We don't have pheasant or muleys here, and not much wheat. It's mostly corn, soybeans, turkeys, and whitetails.

                  Comment

                  Welcome!

                  Collapse

                  Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                  If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                  And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                  Right Rail 1 Ad

                  Collapse

                  Top Active Users

                  Collapse

                  There are no top active users.

                  Right Rail 2 Ad

                  Collapse

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                    by dewman
                    So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                    Today, 10:12 PM
                  • Now That's Service
                    by jhjimbo
                    Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                    Today, 07:57 PM
                  • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                    by fitch270
                    ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                    Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  • Covid-19
                    by jhjimbo
                    Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

                    Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                    09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                  • Spur of the moment rifle
                    by Amflyer
                    I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                    09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

                  Right Rail 3 Ad

                  Collapse

                  Footer Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X