Another Kansas deer down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Kansas deer down.

This evening Mom took Twitchy and Squeaks back to the same place where they bagged two deer on Sunday and Twitchy made a nice shot on a doe. The deer came in from the West through the cows, which were scattered out grazing, and finally cleared the cows in Twitchy's field of fire when she was 40 yards out.

The bullet passed through the upper shoulders, nicking the spine.

The doe weighed 154 pounds.
    Last edited by Red Angus; 09-10-2020, 10:40 PM.

Nice! That .300 BLK just keeps performing! Congrats to Twitchy!

Comment

A little gruesome pic for some but it does illustrate quite nicely how much energy even the lower powered rounds deliver. Congrats to your sisters, very glad to see when someone is passing on the tradition to the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Nice! That .300 BLK just keeps performing! Congrats to Twitchy!
        Thanks PH.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
          A little gruesome pic for some but it does illustrate quite nicely how much energy even the lower powered rounds deliver. Congrats to your sisters, very glad to see when someone is passing on the tradition to the next generation.
          It is and it does.

Thank you.

Comment

154 pounds?! What a haul!
            That'llThat'lsome slack out of the food bill! 😃!
            As many kids as you talk about having around, I'm sure every bite is appreciated AND enjoyed!

I killed 6 deer one year. Had a freezer FULL of venison. Our 16 yo nephew moved in the house in January. By the end of May, ALL the venison was gone!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              154 pounds?! What a haul!
              That'llThat'lsome slack out of the food bill! 😃!
              As many kids as you talk about having around, I'm sure every bite is appreciated AND enjoyed!

I killed 6 deer one year. Had a freezer FULL of venison. Our 16 yo nephew moved in the house in January. By the end of May, ALL the venison was gone!
              It'll help, that's for sure.

🤣 Teenagers can flat out put away groceries.

Comment

I hunt in NW Kansas every year for pheasant. They have some amazing muleys and big whitetails down there. Wheat country.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                  I hunt in NW Kansas every year for pheasant. They have some amazing muleys and big whitetails down there. Wheat country.
                  Cool. We don't have pheasant or muleys here, and not much wheat. It's mostly corn, soybeans, turkeys, and whitetails.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                    by dewman
                    Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                    Today, 08:40 AM
                  • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                    by dewman
                    Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                    Today, 07:59 AM
                  • What is taking so long ?
                    by jhjimbo
                    Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                    Yesterday, 07:52 PM
                  • Burn cream
                    by CD2
                    Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                    No longer does.
                    Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                    Bargain.

Got...
                    Yesterday, 05:39 PM
                  • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                    by dewman
                    So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                    09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X