Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last seasons deer ,home from taxidermist, care to guess his score?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last seasons deer ,home from taxidermist, care to guess his score?

Follow up from previous post
    Attached Files

About 140?

Comment

It is nearly impossible to come up with a estimate from a photo, but I would say scored as a typical with deductions, somewhere around 130 ! Nice buck though 6p, congrats.

Comment

I straightened your picture for you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          He looks much bigger now.
          I'd say 145.

Comment

My first thought is 135.

Comment

6PHunter, Beautiful Buck, Congrats. ?
              I watched guides and outfitters score deer and those three extra smaller sticker points could remove points from your score.
              It happen to my younger brother with his giant mule deer. He scored higher with non-typical (no deductions) over typical.
              No disrespect but since it's an eight point buck with the typical scoring, I will pick 126.

Comment

Nice looking BUCK! 132 5/8"s my guess. Did it taste good?

Comment

how do you do that 99 ?

Comment

Nice buck and good set of horns - no broken tips.

My deer only has 2 ears.

Comment

Like most deer I,ve taken I had never seen it previously ,through observing his scrapes and multiple rubs I suspected a good deer was in the area. When the opportunity arose and he appeared there was only the decision to shoot or not as he was following a doe to another destination. So I had no idea exactly how he scored,but his mass caused the trigger squeeze. He gross scored 142 by a young man that wished to sharpen his skills at scoring,and didn't,t come up with a net score ,but I,m sure would have suffered drastically from side to side symmetry deductions. So once again this proves that the panel of those here that judged an opinion can be trusted to give advice from knowledge and experienced gained. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                        Like most deer I,ve taken I had never seen it previously ,through observing his scrapes and multiple rubs I suspected a good deer was in the area. When the opportunity arose and he appeared there was only the decision to shoot or not as he was following a doe to another destination. So I had no idea exactly how he scored,but his mass caused the trigger squeeze. He gross scored 142 by a young man that wished to sharpen his skills at scoring,and didn't,t come up with a net score ,but I,m sure would have suffered drastically from side to side symmetry deductions. So once again this proves that the panel of those here that judged an opinion can be trusted to give advice from knowledge and experienced gained. Thank You.
                        Interesting exercise and thanks for posting. My guess of 140 didn't include deductions so I'm glad to be close.

Comment

Jimbo - You right click on the picture and a menu opens up. Left click to save it to "My pictures."
                          Close out and open up "My pictures."
                          Find the photo now in your files and left click on it.
                          A menu will open up at the top left of your screen which includes the option "Edit, organize or share." Click on it.
                          A new menu appears, with options at the top left including "Rotate left" or "Rotate right." Choose the one that will straighten the picture and click on it.
                          The photo in your "My pictures" file will now be straight and you can post it in the usual way.

Comment

I have a very nice four point on the wall in the basement rec room that I shot in northern Idaho back in 1985. I never did get it scored. After this thread I'm guessing it must score a lot higher than I earlier estimated. Not many deductions and fairly heavy mass. Any guesses who's in the photo below the horns?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              I have a very nice four point on the wall in the basement rec room that I shot in northern Idaho back in 1985. I never did get it scored. After this thread I'm guessing it must score a lot higher than I earlier estimated. Not many deductions and fairly heavy mass. Any guesses who's in the photo below the horns?
                              I'd say the guy in the photo was in the MP's.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget