Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have any big game animals living around your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Yes I do, not too far away, I think she is a little younger than me and every time I see her she looks game.
    Don’t get caught sniffing around that without a license !!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Yep, we have deer that eat in our front yard at night. It's rare to see them in daylight but I was able to use the crossbow on two this past season. The best I've taken from the yard is a 6 point buck...
      I know a user on this website, who puts five dead geese on his kitchen floor. ?

Comment

Whitetails, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, opossum, squirrels, wabbits, cougar, various breeds of bovine, more species of birds than I care to list, etc.

Do sisters qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
          The end of our street has a very thick brush patch probably 20acres large or so where it’s not uncommon to see deer, quail, rabbits and some others. Too close to homes and a school to be shooting guns, but it’s public land and I think it’d be possible to bow hunt. The issue is that it’s so thick you literally can’t see more than 5-10 yards any direction and even then there’s too much brush to shoot that far.
          My Sister in the Adirondacks says when the local cats disappear they know there are coyotes in the area. I have no idea why or how a coyote can catch a cat but I guess they can.

Comment

Yep, we have deer that eat in our front yard at night. It's rare to see them in daylight but I was able to use the crossbow on two this past season. The best I've taken from the yard is a 6 point buck...
            Richard, it wuz cold outside an I didn want da meat freezing before it wuz skint

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
              Whitetails, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, opossum, squirrels, wabbits, cougar, various breeds of bovine, more species of birds than I care to list, etc.

Do sisters qualify?
              Those same two deer were bed down behind my next door neighbor.
              I wonder if they will drop their fawns behind our neighborhood houses? ??

Comment

A fun answer PH to a off the wall question, +1 !

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post

Do sisters qualify?
                  Red, Go to eBird and scroll all the way down on left for maps. Put in specie you want to follow and time frame and see all the sightings of that specie across the U.S. Zoom in for date and time of sighting and birdwatcher name.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    Deer, turkey, geese, bob cat, coyote, squirrel, cottontail, quail and dove.
                    Blue wing teal raise on my lake every year!
                    Gary, go to eBird scroll down to left, maps. Enter specie, date and see all sightings. Zoom in for date and time and name of birdwatcher.

Comment

Every Friday night when it's karoke there's a herd of cougars at the pub down the street

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                        Our suburban home for fifty years is called, “ The Dead Zoo”. Sort of hurts my feelings
                        Don't let it bother you Happy.

Comment

I have scared white tail off the front lawn a couple of times in the last month.

We have a breeding pair of sandhill cranes that visits us annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                            I have scared white tail off the front lawn a couple of times in the last month.

Try out eBirds
                            Scroll down on left to maps. Put in type of crane, or any other bird, time frame and it will show sightings all around World. Zoom in on your area to a sighting marker and it will tell date, time and name of birdwatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Sounds like a lot of work. I just like to watch 'em and tease my lady about eating them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X