Are does tougher than bucks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
    Country Road in MHO bucks are tougher than does and I think that the bullets striking does with lesser body mass do not let the bullet to expend all its energy. My young son shot a few does with his 243 and they went down as though they were struck with the hand of god! He also had a couple run hit hard with his 270 win and 3006 .that ran always . I always have felt my 3006 was more gun than I needed for Whitetails and I have seen much more spectacular kills with the 7mmo8 and 260 rem. I feel due to bullets energy being utilized .
    I found it interesting that Country Road asked this as I've long believed the same thing. My guess is it may have something to do with a reaction to danger. I think does may be more prone to just blowing out of an area, especially if they have raised fawns. Bucks often won't run blindly into more trouble. I think they stop to survey the situation and then drop.
    Who knows?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget