Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK all you deer hunters out there. Do you see anything strange in this buck video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK all you deer hunters out there. Do you see anything strange in this buck video.

Another user on Southern Iowa live cam made this video of these bucks during a snowing night.
    Something stands out. Who will notice it first and how did it happen? I never seen it before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FZawZ_yfWzo

Well, for one it's a 9-point and not a 5x4...Westerners, God love 'em in their weirdness.

Either the buck had a patch of white fur or more likely it was just a clump of snow. Also, one of the minor tines also had a branch... but I've seen that before. So what was it you wanted us to notice?

Comment

The camera suddenly shifts to the right and zooms in.
      A little after the three-minute mark.
      One of the deer must have touched it.

Comment

If it was the missing patch of hair then it's not the uncommon,On a deer drive once a group of deer bedded in a thicket were jumped ,I seen a buck snare one antler on a sapling that sent him tumbling,later after a hunter connected on him ,Thiswe commented on a hair patch missing. This deer could have easily lost a patch of hair on the angle steel support getting out of the way of a more dominant buck while feeding. Regardless it was fun to observe this bunch. Thx for sharing

Comment

Nothing unusual.

Comment

I see no difference other then snow?? And that's a treat for me!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Well, for one it's a 9-point and not a 5x4...Westerners, God love 'em in their weirdness.

Either the buck had a patch of white fur or more likely it was just a clump of snow. Also, one of the minor tines also had a branch... but I've seen that before. So what was it you wanted us to notice?
              That user may of been from the west. Westerners use the western count and easterners use the eastern count.

Comment

The dominate buck eating at the feeder, looks like he skull plate is swollen to me? It's to big to be snow and hair? JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                  The dominate buck eating at the feeder, looks like he skull plate is swollen to me? It's to big to be snow and hair? JMO
                  I had noticed that also, but figured it was just longer hair growth, it is centered between his antlers. However, it could also be construed to be a swelling, but I would go with long and knarled growth hair.

Comment

I think it snow. Watch the direction of snowfall. Build up on the feeder was on the side he used. At the last few second you see him scratch his back and shake his head getting ride of an irritant.

Best guess He didn't to well in the Reenideer games.

Comment

Gary - Is that the answer??

Comment

99, Yes. The skull plate does not look right even with hair and snow.

Comment

Gary - Is it normal for trail cameras to scan and zoom on their own?

Comment

Snow

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The college student puzzle..
                              by 99explorer
                              A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                              The first station is a mile from home,...
                              Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                            • Pieces of gold.
                              by 99explorer
                              Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                              08-23-2019, 06:45 PM
                            • Mansion on fire.
                              by 99explorer
                              One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                              It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                              08-23-2019, 10:04 AM
                            • Firing squad.
                              by 99explorer
                              A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                              This final shot does...
                              08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                            • Lost in the woods.
                              by 99explorer
                              You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                              One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                              Two Indians...
                              08-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X