Was justice served in this case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was justice served in this case?

A Texas poacher was sentenced to time in prison, forfeiture of hunting rights and a stiff fine for taking a deer with a rifle in an archery-only county of the state.
    www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article191124169.html

Texas has always put a unique means as to how they deal with the letter of the law. So if it works for Texas ,it works for me.

Comment

Texas has better justice, than New Jersey on the Animal Rights Activists.
      I wonder what a Texas Judge would do, with that nitwit who was arrested eight times for crossing over the police barrier?

Comment

I recall a bit of Texas Law, I was given a speeding ticket for 1 mile over the limit! So i went to court to pay the fine. When the judge asked is the officer who wrote this ticket here? The officer jumped up and said I'm here judge; The judge look at him and said Your a"Disgrace" to this state & your department for writing a ticket for 1 mile over.What do you have to say! Well judge hes a New Yorker! what in the #@$%!!* have do with this!! case dismiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
          I recall a bit of Texas Law, I was given a speeding ticket for 1 mile over the limit! So i went to court to pay the fine. When the judge asked is the officer who wrote this ticket here? The officer jumped up and said I'm here judge; The judge look at him and said Your a"Disgrace" to this state & your department for writing a ticket for 1 mile over.What do you have to say! Well judge hes a New Yorker! what in the #@$%!!* have do with this!! case dismiss.
          You're lucky you didn't get your license revoked.

Comment

another loser looking for Facebook fame.

Comment

I'd like to see more of that degree of punishment handed out. Might slow down some of the poachers---at least make 'em real nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                I got a speeding ticket once (?).
                In the slot where it said I promised to be in court "on or before_______.", the cop scribbled in Feb 30th.
                I told the judge I'd be there Feb 30th and pay the ticket.
                "We'll be closed that day! Have your a$$ in court on the 29th!"

Comment

Road hunter? Deserves everything he got!

Interesting!
                  As a felon, this young man can no longer legally own, purchase or use a firearm.
                  Since his crime WAS NOT of the violent sort (rape, murder, armed robbery, etc.), should his 2A "rights" be restored once his "sentence" has been completed?

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    Road hunter? Deserves everything he got!

Interesting!
                    As a felon, this young man can no longer legally own, purchase or use a firearm.
                    Since his crime WAS NOT of the violent sort (rape, murder, armed robbery, etc.), should his 2A "rights" be restored once his "sentence" has been completed?

What do you think?
                    Texas law allows an individual with a felony conviction to possess a firearm on the premises where he lives five years after his release from prison.
                    So he is looking at a ten-year wait just to touch another gun.
                    I would vote in favor of restoration of rights in this case, mainly because the degree of harm done by his crime is rather minor.

Comment

For myself, I would have to say it was ! There have been too many occasions where the penalty did not appear stiff enough to remove the motivation of poaching, or some other form of law breaking ! This is the most severe penalty I have heard of, and it just might open the eyes of some people. However, it will mean nothing if further actions are not duplicated by other judges regarding game law regulations. The guy’s own stupid conduct was the result, he has no one but himself to blame !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The college student puzzle..
                        by 99explorer
                        A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                        The first station is a mile from home,...
                        Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                      • Pieces of gold.
                        by 99explorer
                        Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                        08-23-2019, 06:45 PM
                      • Mansion on fire.
                        by 99explorer
                        One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                        It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                        08-23-2019, 10:04 AM
                      • Firing squad.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                        This final shot does...
                        08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                      • Lost in the woods.
                        by 99explorer
                        You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                        One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                        Two Indians...
                        08-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X