Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low twenties,clear,2nd rut in full swing,most movement mid day,how is going where your hunting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low twenties,clear,2nd rut in full swing,most movement mid day,how is going where your hunting?

Lots of chasing

I am all done, we got 5 in the Ohio gun season.
    Attached Files

Comment

W T G ,Did you get any processed into specialty items?I always wanted to hunt S.west Ohio !I liked the low rolling ground and mixed cover,it's been so long it's probably timber by now

Comment

Today was the last day of rifle in NY, I haven't been able to find a doe for my landowner tag. Came home from Church and had one standing in the yard feeding under an apple tree. Headed up on the hill for the last hour and a half, nothing. Get back to the house, guess who's back 10 minutes later. Oh well. Muzzleloader/late archery from tomorrow through the 19'th, hope to get the kid on any deer next weekend. Camera's showing a couple bucks still around, mostly at night, but occasionally in the morning.

Comment

I still have a doe tag to fill,and a new property to check out,I only hunted once , so a little scouting to see what might be hanging around for next year.I seen an old barn near a crop field that would be a great hang hide out.

Comment

Well I tagged out this weekend. Girlfriend finally said yes. I had her climb to the top of Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale, AZ before asking. I truly am blessed. That being said I'll be back bow hunting this weekend. Trying to tag a big public land non-typical. I've seen him twice in daylight...once I grunted him in to 40 yards but he came in down wind. I've passed on a 130 class 8 pt waiting for him. Time is running out. Hopefully I didn't cash in all my luck already this year.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by neuman23 View Post
              Well I tagged out this weekend. Girlfriend finally said yes. I had her climb to the top of Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale, AZ before asking. I truly am blessed. That being said I'll be back bow hunting this weekend. Trying to tag a big public land non-typical. I've seen him twice in daylight...once I grunted him in to 40 yards but he came in down wind. I've passed on a 130 class 8 pt waiting for him. Time is running out. Hopefully I didn't cash in all my luck already this year.
              It was late in the season once and a friend was depressed as we sat eating our lunch,I asked was he feeling low because everyone else had tagged but him,yea he replied not much time left. Hunting is never foreseeable,you never know what's going to happen.With that being said ,fifteen minutes after we started our two man drive,he had a nice one down,a wide palmettes buck,and he was exuberant to say the least. Don,t let your guard down now Mr.Neuman ,it only takes a few seconds to change a season. I hope your future goes well Congrats on the engagement.

Comment

Regular gun season ended yesterday, which ends my deer-hunting for the year. I didn't get out nearly as much as usual, due to a nasty chest-cold and general lack of enthusiasm -- family drama on the old homestead over who has the right to be there, giving permission to friends who are total strangers to the rest of us, the usual yearly crap. Nobody ever wants to sit down and work out compromises, even when I offer to buy the beers. I might still score some venison, though, when I sign over my two doe-tags to a friend who hunts the late muzzleloader-bow season, which goes until the 19th. I'm happy to just give the tags to someone who can use them, without expecting any meat in return, but he's the sort who'll probably just keep a hindquarter and give me all the rest (probably all butchered and wrapped).

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  Regular gun season ended yesterday, which ends my deer-hunting for the year. I didn't get out nearly as much as usual, due to a nasty chest-cold and general lack of enthusiasm -- family drama on the old homestead over who has the right to be there, giving permission to friends who are total strangers to the rest of us, the usual yearly crap. Nobody ever wants to sit down and work out compromises, even when I offer to buy the beers. I might still score some venison, though, when I sign over my two doe-tags to a friend who hunts the late muzzleloader-bow season, which goes until the 19th. I'm happy to just give the tags to someone who can use them, without expecting any meat in return, but he's the sort who'll probably just keep a hindquarter and give me all the rest (probably all butchered and wrapped).
                  Sorry to hear that. I've had those kinds of seasons and feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by neuman23 View Post
                    Congrats and best wishes! Is that a smiley face on her right thumb?

Comment

Our season goes through February 10th. So far, I've only hunted twice with a pig killed on December 1st. I did see a deer yesterday in the swamp but couldn't get a shot through the undergrowth. Saturday PM I had my crossbow on a doe at the house but decided to pass on the shot. She had a little one with her and I haven't see any other does around. So, I'm going to wait on one of the bucks that also eat in the yard.

This week I'll take off work on Wednesday and Friday to hunt with a muzzleloader. After that I'll probably only hunt another 8 to 10 times away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        I am all done, we got 5 in the Ohio gun season.
                        You got 5 WHAT! Hunters,Dogs,Coyotes,Raccoons,Armadillos?? In the Ohio Gun Season........Lol

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Today was the last day of rifle in NY, I haven't been able to find a doe for my landowner tag. Came home from Church and had one standing in the yard feeding under an apple tree. Headed up on the hill for the last hour and a half, nothing. Get back to the house, guess who's back 10 minutes later. Oh well. Muzzleloader/late archery from tomorrow through the 19'th, hope to get the kid on any deer next weekend. Camera's showing a couple bucks still around, mostly at night, but occasionally in the morning.
                          That's what I remember about NY Hunting season, too short, too cold, and short on Bucks. When I lived in Afton NY all my neighbors had there buck's hanging a day or two before the season started!! They called it pre-season scooting........

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                            Thanks for commiserating. On the plus side, all the small-game seasons stay open through the end of February, so at least I won't be getting cabin fever anytime soon. And hardly anybody else I know ever hunts small game anymore, so the woods are usually all mine.

Comment

Going to try to fill an antlerless tag in the alternative season. Gotten all the squirrels and doves I wanted so I might go after rabbits or quail a couple times. Lots of beagle runnin cousins just south and east of here. This mild winter has me thinking about crappies so might give them a go if I can find a partner with a good boat.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget