Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any specialty deer calls ,for use when they are in close and you prefer to keep your movements subtle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any specialty deer calls ,for use when they are in close and you prefer to keep your movements subtle?

Deer calls

My stand set up is usually about 20 yards where I expect the deer to travel,I scent soak an arrow and send it to that spot. At times this doesn't, work exactly as planned,you can peel off bark from the tree to imitate a buck rubbing his antlers,curiosity is a killer,if he is in close but not close enough a low pig like bleat helps seal the deal.I was on the ground once and jumped a young buck upwind from me.He ran a short way and snorted,knowing I wasn't, smelled I snorted back.So he starts to circle ,with only a few shrubs between us,I had my arrow set,and I raked the shrubs like a deer.He stepped clear ,turned his shoulder ,end of story. This is what I,,m looking for,little secrets you have developed. Thx never to old to learn a new trick or two.6P

Comment

Good subject and question 6P. I don't use calls or scents. But my hunting is primarily with firearms and I shoot within seconds of spotting the animal

Comment

I have on a couple of occasions called deer back into bow range just by clicking my wooden arrow against the side of my recurve to give a sound of antler tips coming together. That can be done with a minimum of movement and both occasions it was possible for good arrow placement and venison steaks !

Comment

When the deer is that close, I imitate the "Tar Baby"---he jus' sit dere an' don say nuffin, according to Uncle Remus.

Comment

I use a doe can. It works pretty well. I had been trying a buck roar for a while, but then I realized I had been using it wrong.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X