Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody watching this Texas corn feeder live cam? Nice bucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watching this Texas corn feeder live cam? Nice bucks!

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/wildlifers-feeder-cam?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculat ion&spotim_referrer=recirculation&spot_im_comment_ id=sp_uSYKTlWH_319_c_UwsLFW
    Attached Files

BTW, there is a short thirty second annoying commercial before Live Cam comes up.
    Attached Files

Comment

Y'know, I just couldn't shoot a deer with a setup like that. That ain't hunting, that's farming. I scatter corn right in front of my porch at the camp for the resident does and yesterday evening after I put the corn out I sat on the steps and one of the does brought her twin fawns (yes, they still have spots) to within six feet of me---nervous, but still eating their fill. This may have a negative impact on my venison supply. The older I get, the more I lose my urge to kill game---except turkeys.

No, I'm not ready to join PETA.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
        Y'know, I just couldn't shoot a deer with a setup like that. That ain't hunting, that's farming. I scatter corn right in front of my porch at the camp for the resident does and yesterday evening after I put the corn out I sat on the steps and one of the does brought her twin fawns (yes, they still have spots) to within six feet of me---nervous, but still eating their fill. This may have a negative impact on my venison supply. The older I get, the more I lose my urge to kill game---except turkeys.

CR, I like to watch deer interact with each other during my morning coffee.
        The TV news media is bashing President Trump, the local news is bad news, the sports station is quiet with no World Series last night and the morning paper was thin.
        It just for enjoyment and there is no shooting going on.
        BTW, turkeys around my house were like moochers, eating bird seed that dropped from my feeder.
        I had no desire to hunt them because they were like pets.

Check out these photos of a Tom Turkey right underneath my side window. +1

https://www.fieldandstream.com/answers/other/i-just-posted-a-photo-of-a-tom-turkey-outside-my-side-house-window-in-the-fs-trophy

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post

Gary, I in no way meant to insinuate that you might be a proponent of hunting such a setup---I've read enough of your posts to know better. I've had gobblers eat at my bird feeder, too, but I only hunt them during gobbling season and they are paranoid-ally suspicious then, too. My feelings with the does I feed are sort of like a farmer saying that you shouldn't name your beef cattle.

Comment

Looks like a setup to keep pigs out.

Comment

Hey Guys, There are twelve coons eating at the feeder now at 10:45 eastern time Friday.
              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget