Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest you've kept game meat in the freezer ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treestand
    replied
    I've had meat 2.5 years in my meat locker, it's all freezer wrap and sealed in vacuum packs and labeled by my processor. my utter half goes to town once a month to pull out meat for the house.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    I've never had the problem of seeing how long something can last. I either eat it or give it away well before any concern can arise. As you hinted to..how I package something corresponds with how I think it will be used. If it is something I will use quickly I'll often just put it in a freezer bag and call it good. If I have a lot of something it will probably get saran wrapped/freezer wrapped/put into a vacuum sealed freezer bag.

Leave a comment:

• What's the longest you've kept game meat in the freezer ....

... and what are your wrapping methods / materials? I've had no problems for a year or more with basic Saran wrap and then freezer paper, as long as all air is pushed out and the package is taped up tight. For the packages I know I'll be eating fairly soon, I don't even bother with the plastic wrap.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X