Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to see how they fill the Southern Iowa Live Deer Cam corn feeder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to see how they fill the Southern Iowa Live Deer Cam corn feeder?

The wide eleven point buck is still hanging around the feeder. I watched four does and five fawns come into the feeder early last evening and one fawn was a damn bully. He head butt a fawn, kicked at other fawns and it tried to bite another fawn.
    It was funny to watch in the live link below. BTW, there is a thirty second ad video.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/crush-deer-cam?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculat ion&spotim_referrer=recirculation&spot_im_comment_ id=sp_uSYKTlWH_333_c_Nz19U3
    Attached Files

I understand some people are handicapped to the point they require the use of bait and feeders,but In my book this is slaughter,not hunting..

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
      I understand some people are handicapped to the point they require the use of bait and feeders,but In my book this is slaughter,not hunting..
      6phunter, I don't want to float off point, but I don't think anybody is hunting on Southern Iowa deer cam. It's only for enjoyment of seeing deer eating corn up close and interacting. The Same goes for that alfalfa field in Live PA Elk Cam or the Montana Osprey nesting on a lake.
      It's harmless Bro and it's not a slaughter as you stated.

BTW, I did not ding you. I give everybody a plus one who takes the time to answer my thread. I choose not give you a plus one because your comment was more of a negative intent towards my thread.

Comment

Two first time seen, huge bucks stepped out this evening. One has massive thick brow tines and a pumped up neck.
        The rut is starting up in Iowa boys.
        Attached Files

Comment

I suppose their method is SLIGHTLY better than me lugging around a bucket full of corn to each of my cameras, haha.

Comment

My bad,action ,camera,rollem

Comment

6P that is kind of a narrow view. I'm going guess you are from a state that doesn't allow baiting. I used to think the same way when I lived in Illinois. Now that I live down south my views have changed. The biggest reason I put out a feeder now is that I am surrounded on all side by big hunting camps. They have feeders huge food plots and a much larger budget that I do. So I have to do what I have to do to compete. I did fine with out up until the last camp went in and surrounded me. That's kind of like saying guys who use compound bows aren't archery hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                6P that is kind of a narrow view. I'm going guess you are from a state that doesn't allow baiting. I used to think the same way when I lived in Illinois. Now that I live down south my views have changed. The biggest reason I put out a feeder now is that I am surrounded on all side by big hunting camps. They have feeders huge food plots and a much larger budget that I do. So I have to do what I have to do to compete. I did fine with out up until the last camp went in and surrounded me. That's kind of like saying guys who use compound bows aren't archery hunting.
                Dawg, I agree with you brother.
                Everybody in New Jersey is baiting black bears and everybody in Saskatchewan, Canada is baiting deer.
                When in Rome do as the Romans. I do not care what F&S Honker or 6phunter say abouting baiting.
                I am not a GI Joe hunter hunting on a bear or deer trail waiting for one to walk by, while every Tom, Dick and Harry is baiting with goodies.
                Screw That!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                  Lol,thx for no dings but I,m thick skinned,the truth is I have used baits,not much challenge in it,just got to put your time in till the one you want shows up. I use to walk miles looking for hot rubs,scrap lines,figuring out the wind ,using different stands so not to put undue pressure on big bucks. I started early when deer was scarce and just finding a track was a reward.Baiting is here to stay,and if you don,t bait then the guy next door will draw the deer ,I know the deal.So ding away ,it doesn't, change what's happened to deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                    I,m in Kentucky,baiting is legal,every one is doing it,lol including myself.I,m disabled ,knees are shot from 40 years concrete . So yes sir I take the easy way,guess That makes me somewhat of a hypocrite in my response to Mr. Devine,my point was that given a choice on how to teach a new hunter the techniques of deer hunting ,baiting is the easy way.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget