Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My so has a 270 and he needs more ammo. I buy 270 ammo, but was tild can use 30.06 ammo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr,Hansen....The Answer was at your finger tips....Look it up on Your Computer! Can a 30-06 Cartridge be fired in a 270 Chamber Rifle?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      Mr,Hansen....The Answer was at your finger tips....Look it up on Your Computer! Can a 30-06 Cartridge be fired in a 270 Chamber Rifle?!?!
      Good point!

Comment

Thanks partner;-))

Comment

Lol, I think that's just what she did ole boy!

Comment

Not trying to be rude. But the stamping on the barrel are literal.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
              Someone has been filling his head with nonsense. Using ammo not intended for the chamber is dangerous. Don't they still teach that in Hunter's Safety Classes?

Someone is probably very confused about forming .270 brass from .30-06 brass. They're not the same, it's not the finished ammo!!

While it is true that a .270 Winchester case can be formed from a .30-06 Springfield case, the case length of a .30-06 is 2.494in while the case length of a .270 is 2.540in.

Some guns can chamber rounds that are technically different (e.g a .38spc and .357mag), but this isn't one of them. This has dangerous and misinformed written all over it.
              Thanks Pmacc60

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                Ms. Brenda, thanks for questioning the judgement around firearms. Firearms can be completely safe in the hands of the competent but very dangerous in the hands of the ill advised. The barrel of every legitimate firearm will state the caliber (rifle) or gauge (shotgun) that should be used. These are not recommendations they are the only safe option. There are very few interchangeable cartridges and we shouldn't get into them and add confusion. For now, your son should stick to only the caliber/gauges specs. I also very much so recommend that you and your son take a firearms training course to gain knowledge. Even trusting the prowess of the people here on these forums can be dangerous. Guns aren't toys and the consequences of misinformation or poor judgment can be deadly. However there's no need of that. With proper training and copious amounts of respect firearms can be completely safe and a passionate hobby. I hope your son safely enjoys them for years. Best of luck.
                Feel bad now about my response. I saw a person I care about accidentally load a .30-06 round into a .338wm. He would never do it on purpose but having seen him with bits of crap in his face left a lasting impression on me. I take this one seriously. Apologies if I came off too harsh.

Comment

Feel bad now about my response. Talk about a case of the pot calling the kettle black. with the way I've chastised some of the other people on here.

My mea culpa is I saw a person I care about accidentally load a .30-06 round into a .338wm. He would never do it on purpose but having seen him with bits of crap in his face left a lasting impression on me. I take this one seriously. Apologies if I came off too harsh.

Be safe out there miss!

Comment

.270 ammo or any ammo should only be purchased from a reptuble manufacturer,I hesitate using any ammo that someone gives away,some people are very meticulous in reloading ammo,but most aren,t. I repeat most are not.After a lifetime of shooting I have never had a squib or misfire from factory ammo. Reloaded ammo by individuals just not as dependable. Human error is always a factor when comparing results.It,s your son ,or your face,I refuse to take that unnecessary risk.

Comment

Feel bad now about my response. Talk about a case of the pot calling the kettle black. with the way I've chastised some of the other people on here.

My mea culpa is I saw a person I care about accidentally load a .30-06 round into a .338wm. He would never do it on purpose but having seen him with bits of crap in his face left a lasting impression on me. I take this one seriously. Apologies if I came off too harsh.

Be safe out there miss!
                      Buckshottoo, have read the comment you are referring to and see no reason for any apologies being made. It was straight to the point and well said and I see no reason why anyone would take offense with it, rest easy !

Comment

All good answers.
                        To underline the key point.
                        It's not just a matter of working or not working, attempting to fire a caliber the weapon was not designed for is inherently dangerous, even if it will chamber.

Comment

Be safe out there miss!
                          Thx BHR

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget