Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do to pass the time in your stand ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM1993 View Post
    Sometimes I read...sometimes I watch the squirrels chasing eachother(and sometimes wonder what the deer rifle would do to one, lol)...sometimes I fall asleep...sometimes I just stare at my phone. I couldn't listen to the radio or music like others have mentioned though. I can't have anything in my ears, or anything with volume on while hunting. I like to hear everything around me as clearly as possible.
    More and more I'm using my cell phone for entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
      I always have something to read---paperback, Kindle, etc. I don't dare sit on a stand too long without some sort of input or THE VOICES will start arguing and using foul language, and that is too distracting.
      I've got an old kindle that could be taken, Much below freezing could kill one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Mississippi Hippie View Post
        I can never seem to distract myself from my surroundings. Every now and then my wife will text and ask if I've seen anything (ha), but I like to listen to different sounds and determine the source, so I can differentiate. Most of the area I hunt has a good field of view, so I feel like I will miss an oncoming deer from farther away, which takes away from prep time and shot analysis. Not to mention, I like watching all the little critters move around, and listen to bird calls.
        Those are all valid points for not getting distracted via reading a book

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget