No announcement yet.

Has anybody seen deer antlers do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody seen deer antlers do this?

I took this iPhone photo of him last evening on Southern Iowa Live Cam.
    Attached Files

Is it possible to have a negative tip to tip spread when scoring a deer? Hah.

Comment

I have a mount where they are pointed at each other and a few inches apart. I was told they get that way by pushing against a tree when they are developing. In Mich. they called them paddle horns.

Comment

That's a True Shooter Buck.......;-))

Comment

I shot a nice 6 pointer about 40 years ago that the tines touched. I called my circle rack. This high set rack looked like a halo. I have it around somewhere.

Comment

He's just giving his buddy a set of goalposts to finger-kick one of those paper footballs through. Ah, those boring study-halls of long ago .....

Comment

I killed a buck a few years ago that had antler tips less than a inch apart. He was a 3.5 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                He's just giving his buddy a set of goalposts to finger-kick one of those paper footballs through. Ah, those boring study-halls of long ago .....
                Matt, We played that in high school in the cafeteria after lunch. Good memories. thanks.
                In grammar school the boys played bean bag football during our lunch hour in the blocked off street. The school put up road barriers at each end of the street for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                  I shot a nice 6 pointer about 40 years ago that the tines touched. I called my circle rack. This high set rack looked like a halo. I have it around somewhere.
                  That an uncommon buck, P49. If I ever get one, he is going on my family room wall.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                    I killed a buck a few years ago that had antler tips less than a inch apart. He was a 3.5 year old.
                    What would happen in the future, if the antlers grew on the same impact direction. Would the velvet slide to the side, or just stopped there and get a fatter antler on both sides??

Comment

I don't know. I've never seen antler points actually touch. I shot this one because he was so ugly, but he tasted just fine.

Comment

Unusual but not unheard of either,I have seen thousands of bucks come through check points and weigh stations ,some are just hard to describe,my best recollection of a strange rack was one that the main beam turned upwards and the tines projected forward,kinda backwards best description. Bowkill Yellowbank WMA K.y I wouldn't, know how he woulda scored his mass was 150 maybe

Comment

I killed a high rack buck similar to this one Gary,lol like pup49 stated ,I also called him a halo buck,his tine length matched the height of his other tines ,scored 156

Comment

Brow tines matches height of other tines

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                              I killed a high rack buck similar to this one Gary,lol like pup49 stated ,I also called him a halo buck,his tine length matched the height of his other tines ,scored 156
                              156 is an awesome buck.
                              Congrats Brother!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget