Estrus doe Bleat vs. Yearling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estrus doe Bleat vs. Yearling

So... almost every year I come across what I call "The Goat Doe" which is a very vocal yearling doe. I don't believe mature doe want to be around her, and I don't think bucks want her (at least that early in the season).
    I usually use a can call, and try to keep the bleats high pitched for estrus bleats. Still I think the goat doe may hear this and come looking. Any thoughts?

In the deep pines i use Estrous Doe Blat Can, with Code Red Doe Estrous sent. The Does are shay after B-Power week & Gen,Gun then we have 6/days of Doe Week. I call it Doe "meat in the freezer" week

Comment

I never had any luck with the fawn bleat. I am willing to try anything to help my advantage .?

Comment

Never had luck with any calls, and the only vocalizations I've heard in the wild came after it had been shot

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          I never had any luck with the fawn bleat. I am willing to try anything to help my advantage .?
          How did you get an archery emoticon Gary? Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
            His I-phone.....Big>G try the CAN small one it works Bro!

Comment

I've had some success with doe bleats. Admittedly, I largely grunt and bleat with just my mouth. I do it periodically in the early season and more often the deeper I get into the season.
              I may or may not choose to do it with deer in sight unless it looks like they may pass by me wide, or are moving directly away.

I will say that I've tried it with a lot of deer in sight. As far as I know it hasn't started any and sent them running. Buck are generally at least curious and occasionally come in aggressively. Seems that in a large group of does it generally just gets ignored but they seem to relax about looking in my direction and may shift to feed closer. With singles or just a small family group of doe and yearlings, they are more likely to wander towards the call.
              Just my observations. It could be that every time I do it deer out of my line of sight head for the horizon, but of those I had eyes on, it hasn't been the case.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget