Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother asked me to go hunt southern Iowa. I like the bucks shown on Iowa Cam. Does anybody know this area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother asked me to go hunt southern Iowa. I like the bucks shown on Iowa Cam. Does anybody know this area?

We need to apply for a preference point in 2018 and our hunt will take place in 2019.
    My brother has friends out there. Warm bed and week of meals for five hundred dollars.
    We will fly into Kansas City and rent a SUV. The later Iowa hunt for bucks is in December.
    My brother is hunting Iowa this coming season.
    Attached Files

Sounds like an awesome adventure to me!

Comment

Gary from S Ohio across Indiana and Illinois there are some gigantic bucks.
      Phil B. of F&S can give you some info on Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Gary from S Ohio across Indiana and Illinois there are some gigantic bucks.
        Phil B. of F&S can give you some info on Iowa.
        So would HuntFishTrap lives there and JM is living in Missouri???That's two.

Comment

Plan on wind. One could feel like it came from a blast furnace. The other will chill you to the bone be prepared. Stationed in KS for 1 1/2 years a calm day was at midnight. Good luck and happy hunting with your brother!

Comment

Originally posted by tmike51 View Post
            Sounds like an awesome adventure to me!
            Should be fun time. My brother has permission to hunt 500 acres of private land in Iowa by himself this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
              Plan on wind. One could feel like it came from a blast furnace. The other will chill you to the bone be prepared. Stationed in KS for 1 1/2 years a calm day was at midnight. Good luck and happy hunting with your brother!
              We can hunt State land in Missouri next year 2018 and Iowa private land in the year 2019. We can stay at the same place in Iowa. It's real close to the Missouri border. I need that damn fifty dollar preference point for Iowa. That really sucks to wait a year to hunt.??

Comment

The wind always blows in Kansas.
                If you don't mind me asking, where were you stationed?

Comment

I've unfortunately not been to that part of Iowa.
                  It sounds like it a really fun hunt. Iowa has good record for large bucks.

Comment

Ft Riley

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget