Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on how I could get my Dad to hunt my best stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how I could get my Dad to hunt my best stand?

I have a stand I've taken my best bucks on public land and see good bucks year after year. Dad had brain surgery 3 years ago and I can't get him in that stand because he calls it my "honey hole" but I would love to see him put a Broadheads in a good buck. He has always been my #1 hunting buddy and always excited to see my success. Would love to give back him!

The Truth is always the best way to motivate someone.

Comment

Try to explain to him how much it would mean to you for him to hunt there. Make sure it's clear that he'd be doing you a favor, so to speak.

Comment

Blindfold him and drive him there against his will? Joking of course...you mention favorite hunting partner. What about a double seated climbing stand? Could ease him into it by hunting together.

Comment

I have two sons and they are my to favorite hunting and fishing companions ! When you are a dad , you teach and give your children there introduction to the sport. As they learn and become successful it becomes more important to you and you feel more pride in their accomplishments than you do your own. For years you focus on giving your kids the chance to hunt and fish , worry about safety and teaching them the right way. So in a way you evolve into a different type of person. Two things here , your dad knows your giving back to him and being a true sportsman ! Unselfish and caring and he is very proud of you. He also is still your dad and he will probably will never except the offer because he has pride and with the brain surgery he has to prove to all he is still dad! You can keep trying but don't push to hard. Just your offer is proof enough he raised a great young man! Believe me it's a greater feeling than any buck will ever give him!

Comment

Originally posted by JM1993 View Post
            Blindfold him and drive him there against his will? Joking of course...you mention favorite hunting partner. What about a double seated climbing stand? Could ease him into it by hunting together.
            A Two man stand is tuff for Bow Hunting. jmo

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
              I have two sons and they are my to favorite hunting and fishing companions ! When you are a dad , you teach and give your children there introduction to the sport. As they learn and become successful it becomes more important to you and you feel more pride in their accomplishments than you do your own. For years you focus on giving your kids the chance to hunt and fish , worry about safety and teaching them the right way. So in a way you evolve into a different type of person. Two things here , your dad knows your giving back to him and being a true sportsman ! Unselfish and caring and he is very proud of you. He also is still your dad and he will probably will never except the offer because he has pride and with the brain surgery he has to prove to all he is still dad! You can keep trying but don't push to hard. Just your offer is proof enough he raised a great young man! Believe me it's a greater feeling than any buck will ever give him!
              I know that feeling, My two boys will soon be hunting with me,God willing. My youngest has bean redeploy to the Philippines, the other mite be getting Married??

Comment

Tell him you have found a much better 'Super stand' and he can use your old one.

Comment

Tell him you would like to see his mount right next to yours.

Comment

Don't take no for an answer. Explain to him how much it would mean to you have him get a nice one out your stand. And like it was said before having two hanging from the wall next to each other with a heck of a story to tell is not something many people have. You're lucky my old man expects my best stand and expects me to hand him a deer. But he not around for the work or handing out the cash that it cost for food plots and feeders and corn. Take him early in the dark and just drop him off.

Comment

Offer it up truthfully, and then let him hunt where he wants. You can lead a horse to water buy you can't make it drink.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget