Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buck Fever? associated with unfamiliarity, maybe this will help,scope out big bucks ,on television,trainig your mind to be succ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck Fever? associated with unfamiliarity, maybe this will help,scope out big bucks ,on television,trainig your mind to be succ

Practice,positive,performance

Succesful,was the last word,I use to show young bird hunters they had plenty of time on the covey rise,by practicing with an empty gun

Comment

Uhm...I'm going to be nice and simply disagree with you that pointing a gun at a TV will help cure buck fever...maybe HFT will give a more colorful response than I am willing to.

Comment

Possible the problem lies with people thinking up to the shot, but not thinking through the shot.

Buck, chuck, pop can or paper............the shot is the shot.

My mind is always calculating/processing.........even past the impact with critter.

More range time, thinking range time, would be preferable to TV and snap caps.

Comment

Make sure your gun is unloaded, or you might be in the market for a new flatscreen. Lol

Comment

I don't know. I'm no neurologist or psychologist, but given the nature of real buck fever, it seems unlikely that seeing bucks on a TV screen would help very much. I don't believe that those who really blow a gasket are merely reacting to something they're not accustomed to. Simply increasing familiarity would probably help with normal excitement, but not if you're talking honest-to-goodness, lose-your-marbles, jack-out-all-your-shells without-firing-one, buck fever.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
              Possible the problem lies with people thinking up to the shot, but not thinking through the shot.

My mind is always calculating/processing.........even past the impact with critter.

Agree. Practice the mechanics to make the shot second nature for your body to perform the best idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                Succesful,was the last word,I use to show young bird hunters they had plenty of time on the covey rise,by practicing with an empty gun
                Reaction to jumping quail is much different from watching the buck of a lifetime slowly get into the shooting lane.

Comment

6P, I don't know where you come up with some of your screwball ideas. Sure, the rare person may be able to reduce buck fever by training their mind to be ready for the situation. But, I would wager it's only the most jaundiced of us who wouldn't get over excited in the right circumstances. Unfortunately, I've become jaundiced about deer and squirrels. Guess I've killed too many. But pigs and turkey still get my heart racing!

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                    Boy, now if that is not a true statement, I don't know what is !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      6P, I don't know where you come up with some of your screwball ideas. Sure, the rare person may be able to reduce buck fever by training their mind to be ready for the situation. But, I would wager it's only the most jaundiced of us who wouldn't get over excited in the right circumstances. Unfortunately, I've become jaundiced about deer and squirrels. Guess I've killed too many. But pigs and turkey still get my heart racing!
                      The reasoning Ph is to grow accustomed to the moment,positive imaging is used to train positive results,working your thoughts through the process step by step to get favorable results,baseball players,calf roping, and yes big bucks ,after you see lots of bucks the fever isn't so bad.

Comment

Lol farm animals never excited me,so I wouldnt use he haw to help you get over pigs and turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by JM1993 View Post
                          Uhm...I'm going to be nice and simply disagree with you that pointing a gun at a TV will help cure buck fever...maybe HFT will give a more colorful response than I am willing to.
                          The more times your in a situation the more you become familiar with it,training your thoughts is used by many people to help achieve their goals,this t.v approach to reduce buck fever may help ,as was stated, real life situations doesn't happen often enough as far as I'm concerned to help alleviate. Buck fever.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post

I agree with most of what you say,target shooting and live game are two seperate matters,and up close encounters with big bucks from what I've experienced doesn't happen often enough.

Comment

LOL, we just had cows, horses, and chickens when I was growing up. So, I guess that's why pigs and turkeys still excite me ;-)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget