Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kody View Post
    Sorry that I did not respond earlier fellow as work tends to entervene upon
    leisure time. Thank you for taking the time to makes these comments. I enjoy having responses from across the country.. across the continent in fact as I am from Canada. That would be the country to your North who do not require a wall to be built to keep us our. Heck, we are to busy visiting Disney Land and the sunshine states in our cold winter months to be denied. We don't crawl under fences we come by plane and RV with our wallets filled. You are equally welcome to come North to hunt and see our magnificnent parks and hunt in wilderness country. I will hunt our big game but I would suffer big time to be denied turkey hunting in Wisconsin
    Kody, I am sure that the true answer to this will come from our expert on scent control and masking, that being 6p. If you have been following his posts lately, you will know of what I speak. If he does answer, you may have to have it translated into English in order to understand it but it may be worth the effort, if only for a few chuckles !!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      I think I would trust that particular cover before I would any of the commercial products. All things considered, though, I think a deer's nose could still figure things out, unless you were wrapped up like a mummy in the horse-smelling fabrics.
      I was thinking the same thing Matt

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
        I don't know if you could find a strong enough cover scent to completely mask your human scent---or if you could stand to use it. To a deer, I expect it's something like, "Whoa---there's a human that a fox peed on." Or, "That poor human fell in the manure pile after being sprayed by a skunk."
        Country Road, it could spark their curiosity enough to get close

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          I always try to use natural scent from the area I am hunting. I have also shot deer that smelled just like cow plop. The farmer told me the deer sneak right in the barn with the cows.
          Now now 6P& Richard. Be kind to one another. (But I believe Richard started it)

Comment

Originally posted by Kody View Post
            Sorry that I did not respond earlier fellow as work tends to entervene upon
            leisure time. Thank you for taking the time to makes these comments. I enjoy having responses from across the country.. across the continent in fact as I am from Canada. That would be the country to your North who do not require a wall to be built to keep us our. Heck, we are to busy visiting Disney Land and the sunshine states in our cold winter months to be denied. We don't crawl under fences we come by plane and RV with our wallets filled. You are equally welcome to come North to hunt and see our magnificnent parks and hunt in wilderness country. I will hunt our big game but I would suffer big time to be denied turkey hunting in Wisconsin
            Richard, please show Christian charity towards 6P

Comment

I think it would work well. I've used deer tarsal glands to mask my scent.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                I think it would work well. I've used deer tarsal glands to mask my scent.
                I think the doe smelled me but ignored that over the scent of another deer

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget