Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you use available natural scents ,as cover mask,manure in farm areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you use available natural scents ,as cover mask,manure in farm areas?

Becoming invisible

I would have to think that depends on the individual and just how far his stupidity goes when it comes to covering himself with manure, but then whatever trips your trigger !

Comment

Generally I step into it,So I leave a unobtrusive line,but in your case its not needed at all ,sounds like your alteady full of it.

Comment

Generally I step into it,So I leave a unobtrusive line,but in your case its not needed at all ,sounds like your already full of it.

Comment

I've heard of guys doing that. Never been that concerned with scent control, myself. You can do whatever you want, but I am plenty successful without purposefully walking in crap.

Comment

Ive used pine needles,sage,any aromatic bush or weeds,even storing hunting clothes in bags of hay and leaves,there is a multitude of things that by them selves that won't put meat on the game pole,scents,grunts,camo, they all help to tip the odds in the hunters favor, as some here have posted they so much smarter than the game they hunt they don't need any help,I have killed lots of deer last 52years,and any one can kill abig buck,the challenge ,the way I choose to hunt is to take big ones yearly,so if you think its easy or big bucks arent smart,try it. The prize is in the field,proof. Is when you put them on the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
              Ive used pine needles,sage,any aromatic bush or weeds,even storing hunting clothes in bags of hay and leaves,there is a multitude of things that by them selves that won't put meat on the game pole,scents,grunts,camo, they all help to tip the odds in the hunters favor, as some here have posted they so much smarter than the game they hunt they don't need any help,I have killed lots of deer last 52years,and any one can kill abig buck,the challenge ,the way I choose to hunt is to take big ones yearly,so if you think its easy or big bucks arent smart,try it. The prize is in the field,proof. Is when you put them on the walls.
              Nothing wrong with that strategy, I just don't think it's necessary. And I actually agree - proof is when you put them on the wall. That's why I believe scent control is massively overrated. I've been paying less and less attention to it (other than keeping the wind in my favor, I do that religiously) every season for the last 4 or 5 years, and I have been very successful over that time period. Why should I go to extra work to try to eliminate or cover up my scent when I'm killing mature bucks without doing so?

Comment

6P, I'm not understanding why you're making such a big deal about using cover scents. Just play the wind correctly and it doesn't matter what you smell like. As far as the other methods, I see you've been pushing your use of fire smoke on this site for at least 6 years. Don't you think it's time to give it a break? I've got no problem with you hunting the way you want. My problem is in your self proclamation that you're the expert when it comes to deer hunting. The rest of us are also killing deer every year. It's really not very hard so please stop acting like you have some kind of special knowledge.

Comment

Going through all the trouble with the pine needles, leaves and weeds and such for scent cover sounds like a lot of bother to me. It might be easier just to shower now and then and of course it does help somewhat to change your shorts at certain intervals and your socks too if you are often walking through cow crap. But then if you are not in the habit of changing your shorts, you could probably forego the stroll through the cow crap and save some time !!

Comment

Apples, pine cones, pine needles, been using them for years.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      I would have to think that depends on the individual and just how far his stupidity goes when it comes to covering himself with manure, but then whatever trips your trigger !
                      Richard, don't knock it until you've tried it

Comment

Generally I step into it,So I leave a unobtrusive line,but in your case its not needed at all ,sounds like your alteady full of it.
                        Great answer!

Comment

Generally I step into it,So I leave a unobtrusive line,but in your case its not needed at all ,sounds like your already full of it.
                          Great answer to Richard's snarky post!

Comment

I guess a little smoke scent doesn't hurt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                              I guess a little smoke scent doesn't hurt.
                              Pighuntress drying out

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X