Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the first thing to learn about deer is they are individuals, and may or may not react the same on the same or different days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the first thing to learn about deer is they are individuals, and may or may not react the same on the same or different days.

Understanding deer behavior

I was thinking that very thing when you posted the tip about the snort-blows. I agree completely, and think it applies to most creatures. Even here in a fairly high-pressure hunting area, I still hear about the occasional grouse that's basically tame, hanging around someone's backyard or hunting camp. And with wild turkeys, it seems that all the conventional wisdom holds true maybe 70 percent of the time ... on a good day.

Comment

I agree, you can't say "always" or "never" about deer. Even deer of the same age class act very differently sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        I was thinking that very thing when you posted the tip about the snort-blows. I agree completely, and think it applies to most creatures. Even here in a fairly high-pressure hunting area, I still hear about the occasional grouse that's basically tame, hanging around someone's backyard or hunting camp. And with wild turkeys, it seems that all the conventional wisdom holds true maybe 70 percent of the time ... on a good day.
        It would be interesting to see a study on the subject.

Comment

Well that may be true in an overall sense but deer behavior in general is very predictable.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            Well that may be true in an overall sense but deer behavior in general is very predictable.
            I set up along a funnel and waited with confidence that deer would be predictable.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget