Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone trained or witnessed a black mouth cur being used as a waterfowl or other game bird retriever?I really like the breed. However,retrieving would be a needed skill. I've trained a couple labs and would like something different.Thanks for any

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone trained or witnessed a black mouth cur being used as a waterfowl or other game bird retriever?I really like the breed. However,retrieving would be a needed skill. I've trained a couple labs and would like something different.Thanks for any

Has anyone trained or witnessed a black mouth cur being used as a waterfowl or other game bird retriever? I really like the breed. However,retrieving would be a needed skill. I've trained a couple labs and would like something different. Thanks for any information you can offer.

• Dustin Chadwick
    replied
    I have worked with several Curs I have had good luck with training them to retrieve upland birds and Small game, even training late in life. They are extremely stubborn when it comes to training and require a lot of patience. They are much more motavated to get animals that are still moving as opposed to dead still. Working on training a 7 year old black mouth cur to retrieve ducks this season and is doing well but refuses to do decoy training only real life experience. If you started as a puppy I’m sure you could make a great duck dog! Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I also like the black mouth cur. However, I've never seen one used for bird hunting. Perhaps you can get some information from the Southern Black Mouth Cur Breeders Ass'n. (870) 367 6329
    John Wayne Ross, 1260 Highway 277 North, Monticello, AR 71655
    http://sbmcba.com/
    Your welcome. Please let us know what you find out.

Leave a comment:

• NashNomad
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I also like the black mouth cur. However, I've never seen one used for bird hunting. Perhaps you can get some information from the Southern Black Mouth Cur Breeders Ass'n. (870) 367 6329
    PigHunter, thanks for the information. I'll be sure to look into that!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget