Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterfowl are at their highest recorded populations in total.. who is planning more hunts this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterfowl are at their highest recorded populations in total.. who is planning more hunts this year?

Waterfowl are at their highest recorded populations in total.. who is planning more hunts this year?

I love to duck hunt. Fact is, I would rather do that than just about anything else. The problem here in central Iowa is that most of the waterfowl hunting is on public land. There is not much worse than being all set up and having some slob show up about shooting time and throw his spread out 50 yards from yours. It has gotten worse every year and I'm just too old to fight it any more. I have noticed over the years that the times when this happens more than any other is when they come out with the high waterfowl population number predictions. Thankfully, there's bow season and doves...

Comment

I was thinking about it, haven't hunted ducks in over 20 years, until I read 4everAutumn. My turkey dog and I will stay focused on fall turkey.
      later,
      charlie

Comment

I'll believe that when I see it. There have been "record duck numbers" for the last 4 or 5 years, and every year the hunting here in the upper Mississippi flyway has gotten worse. Early-season can still be good, if there was a good hatch of local ducks, but later in the year when the northern birds should be migrating down through the hunting has gotten so poor it's almost not worth going out. The local old-timers who have hunted this area for decades all say the hunting has never been worse. Either those "record duck numbers" are complete BS, or the birds no longer use the Mississippi flyway for some reason.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget