Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weimapeake or Chesapeake bay for upland birds and waterfowl

weimapeake or Chesapeake bay for upland birds and waterfowl

I like chesapeakes. My neighbor has one and she does great bird hunting(they are really nice around people also).

Comment

Just my opinion: go with the purebred; there's more consistency. With the mixed breed you aren't going to know which tendencies and physical traits you're going to get in the dog. If he's thin-skinned like the weim, he might not like cold water which will make duck hunting miserable for him and an uphill battle for you each time. It would also depend on the amount of each you're planning on doing; if you're only going to waterfowl once a year, the mix (or another upland type dog, i.e., wirehair pointer) might be a good choice for you. If, however, you plan on waterfowl hunting a bunch and only upland hunting once a year then maybe a more traditional waterfowl dog would be better (chessie, Lab, etc)...

Good luck and have fun!

B

Comment

Labrador.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X