Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went turkey hunting during the youth season in Washington State. We scouted out a couple days before and watched several flock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went turkey hunting during the youth season in Washington State. We scouted out a couple days before and watched several flock

I went turkey hunting during the youth season in Washington State. We scouted out a couple days before and watched several flocks of turkeys. One flock had a beardless, full grown tom. How often is it to see a beardless tom?

I killed a young beardless tom late in archery season my first year turkey hunting. I was so new to turkey hunting I didn't even realize it was a tom until I got home and my grandpa told me(I thought it was a hen). I wish I could tell you, but I do not know what causes this or how rare it is.

Comment

Rare, very rare. Between my brothers and I, we've killed a pretty good pile of turkeys over the years, and we've only seen one beardless tom.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X