No announcement yet.

Has anybody tried the Magnus Bullhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried the Magnus Bullhead?

Has anybody tried the Magnus Bullhead?

My friend works in a high end archery store - I'll give him a text and see if he knows.

Comment

He says that they work great at shots under 15 yards(little to no accuracy at over 15 yards). One problem with them is that they require a special foam target to sight them in, so know that buying the target will be an extra expence you will have to pay.

Comment

Thanks JM. Maybe i will just stick to body shots then with my fixed blades.

Comment

I've never actually gotten to try them on turkeys, but I did buy them once with that intention, and did some target practicing with them. I found that they flew surprisingly well out to about 25 yards, but you would have to be a Randy Ulmer-caliber shot to hit a turkey in the head/neck beyond about 15 in actual hunting conditions.
          So I decided not to use them for hunting, I just didn't feel confident in my ability to consistently call them in that close. I ended up using three-blade Rocket Meatseekers, and harvested two nice gobblers with them.
          I would add that you don't necessarily need a special target for them though, I just stuffed a feed sack loosely with straw, and that worked well. They would be a pain to try to carry in a quiver though!

Comment

The Gobbler Guillotines have worked well for me on the few occasions when the law forced me to use my bow for turkey hunting. Each of the 3 birds were beheaded.
            At the range the heads flew accurately out to 30 yards.
            In general I am not a big fan of Magnus broadheads due to witnessing a higher than normal failure rate over the years. I have no experience with the Bullhead.
            later,
            charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Firing squad.
              by 99explorer
              A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
              This final shot does...
              Today, 09:07 PM
            • Lost in the woods.
              by 99explorer
              You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
              One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
              Two Indians...
              Today, 01:24 PM
            • Books on a shelf.
              by 99explorer
              There are several books on a bookshelf.
              If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
              Yesterday, 02:19 PM
            • Mental arithmetic.
              by 99explorer
              A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
              The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
              How much does the ball cost?
              Yesterday, 11:57 AM
            • The new king.
              by 99explorer
              The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
              Now the twins are adults...
              08-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X