Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would locator calls used in spring work in the fall to locate groups of turkeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would locator calls used in spring work in the fall to locate groups of turkeys?

Would locator calls used in spring work in the fall to locate groups of turkeys?

I've never heard turkeys shock gobbling in the fall. Might work in some isolated incidence, but I wouldn't count on it. Turkeys do gobble some all year, but primarily in the spring. The rest of the time, they just do it for practice every once in a while.

Comment

Ya I agree with pine. Turkeys gobble during mating season to attract a hen. I wouldnt count on it. BUT make baby turkey sounds n it might bring in a worried hen.

Comment

No, it probably wouldn't work, I've heard turkeys gobble on the roost in almost every month of the year, but the only time I hear them shock gobbling (or any kind of gobbling on the ground)is in the spring. Your best bet would be a keekee run, that often works quite well in the fall.

Comment

I would think it would work. The locator is made to shock a gobbler into gobbling because of the loud noise. I have seen toms gobble at cars and other loud sounds. Hope it works. Good luck!

Comment

when hens have chicks all they care about is them. other toms arent going to let a hen now they are there b/c of another tom gobbleing once, if he even does that time of year.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
              by 99explorer
              One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
              It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
              Today, 10:04 AM
            • Firing squad.
              by 99explorer
              A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
              This final shot does...
              Yesterday, 09:07 PM
            • Lost in the woods.
              by 99explorer
              You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
              One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
              Two Indians...
              Yesterday, 01:24 PM
            • Books on a shelf.
              by 99explorer
              There are several books on a bookshelf.
              If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
              08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
            • Mental arithmetic.
              by 99explorer
              A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
              The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
              How much does the ball cost?
              08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X