Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know how scared deer affect turkeys? Like if you are heading to the roost site in the dark in the morning and you jum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know how scared deer affect turkeys? Like if you are heading to the roost site in the dark in the morning and you jum

I want to know how scared deer affect turkeys? Like if you are heading to the roost site in the dark in the morning and you jump a ton of deer and they run toward the roosted turkeys will it make them fly out of the roost? Or if you are "running and gunning" during the mid afternoon trying to fire a gobbler up and you jump a group of deer, and they run towards turkeys, will that send the turkeys running as well?

It may not send the turkeys running or flying away, but spooked deer will definitely put the turkeys on full alert. Right offhand, I don't remember ever killing a gobbler when a snorting deer was involved in the hunt. Those dang birds are suspicious enough on a good day, and when a deer starts sounding the alarm it puts the turkeys well into paranoia.

Comment

It will probably alarm them but chances are they will settle down after a short time just depends on how jumpy your birds are. I once shot a deer that dropped immediately and had a group of turkeys within eye sight walk over to the deer, do circles around it and walk off. Keep in mind these birds were rarely shot at and didn't associate humans or gun shots with danger. Not anymore, we have taught those birds to fear man over the last few years lol.

Comment

It will probably alarm them but chances are they will settle down after a short time just depends on how jumpy your birds are. I once shot a deer that dropped immediately and had a group of turkeys within eye sight walk over to the deer, do circles around it and walk off. Keep in mind these birds were rarely shot at and didn't associate humans or gun shots with danger. Not anymore, we have taught those birds to fear man over the last few years lol.

Comment

Comment

Alarm them, but I wouldn't put too much attention to it. Albert, owner of http://www.outdoorfireplacekitssite.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
              by 99explorer
              Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
              How...
              Today, 09:32 AM
            • Rice for sale.
              by 99explorer
              A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
              He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
              He soon becomes...
              08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
            • Strangers meet.
              by 99explorer
              A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
              They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
              No identification markers...
              08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
            • OU football
              by FirstBubba
              Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
              The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
              08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
            • True romance.
              by 99explorer
              A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
              The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
              08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X