Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

me and my dad did a little run-n-gun the other day but nothing gobbled is it harder to get a turkey gobbling in the afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me and my dad did a little run-n-gun the other day but nothing gobbled is it harder to get a turkey gobbling in the afternoon?

me and my dad did a little run-n-gun the other day but nothing gobbled is it harder to get a turkey gobbling in the afternoon?

Yes, it is. You'll hear the most gobbling in the first half hour of daylight. Depending on the timing of your season, you can get them to gobble during the day a little later in the season when the hens begin to leave and go to nest. Sometimes the run 'n gun works like magic and other times it doesn't work at all and you have to just set up and call and hope one is in the mood. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• New 7mm-08 & rebuilt 17hm2 at the range
      by dewman
      Shot 2 of the 140gr Fusions at 100yds, looked good so I put fix it dots on them and did this at 150yds. Only ammo I tried, saving my Nosler 120's for...
      Yesterday, 09:05 PM
    • Projects?
      by fitch270
      Typically this is the time of year where cabin fever starts to break, after a long year and tough winter I’m beginning to think about outside projects....
      Yesterday, 06:54 PM
    • Taxidermy man called
      by fitch270
      Teaser; We haven’t picked it up yet but plan to this afternoon after the Kid gets done with work.

Should have pics up this evening.
      03-06-2021, 09:54 AM
    • Ammo/guns: the other side of the coin
      by dewman
      All of you know my latest 7mm-08. Well, I had a fella today at the little gun store I loiter at offer me $1,000 for it and the scope. Offered $40 a box...
      03-02-2021, 09:36 PM
    • Ammunition vs. components.
      by Red Angus
      Throughout the course of my daily duties, questions occasionally form in my mind as I contemplate various matters and this question seemed to be a likely...
      03-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X